The Princess, The Elf, The Demon, and The Wanderer Part 7

Bean was sweating beads as she stared at the many eyes that belonged to these hairy eight-legged spiders. Their hairy legs rubbed against the other as they got closer and closer, and closer, till Bean could see the reflections of herself in the creature's eyes. Elfo and Luci were screaming at the top of their lungs as they awaited getting eaten. Bean closed her eyes, fearing the worst. Her life flashed before her eyes. From when she was little when she lost her mom. All the good, all the bad. But...she only saw the bad. Bean couldn't think of one good thing that had happened that she could at least reflect on. "Is this how I'm going to go out? Eaten by a bunch of spiders?" Everything seemed to happen in slow motion. The spiders baring her fangs. Elfo closed his eyes, accepting his fate. Luci stared up at the fangs, impressed but scared out of his mind. "I...I never had a chance to spread my wings...I'm never going to see the world as I wanted to. I never met someone who could say I truly loved. I finally got real friends, but now I will die with them. Why...why is my life so unfair?" Tears began to fall from Bean's eyes. Bean could hear the cries of Freya calling out Bean's name in anger and sadness. "So that's just how life is, huh? It could just end in such a horrible fashion. I guess...that's it?"

   At that final moment of accepting her fate. Her heart stopped. Bean began to feel this surge go through her body. Bean snapped open her eyes.  A surge of energy went throughout Bean's body and straight to her hands. She holds them out. And a powerful stream of black lightning shoots from her fingertips and strikes all of the Spiders that had surrounded the three of them. Some spiders were split in half, and others had gaping holes. The remaining Spiders backed off and retreated away in fear and confusion. Bean stood there panting with sweat down her face and neck. She looked at her hands in shock.

"What in the world?" said Freya in awe.

"This girl can do magic?" said Esmee. "What kind was that? I've never seen anything like that before!"

"B-Bean? What in the hell was that?" said Elfo, staring at her with his ears perked.

"I-I don't know!" Bean replied, her hands shaking. "I...I didn't even know I could-I..." Bean was at a loss for words as she stared at her hands.

"Well, whatever the hell it was, do it again! Aim it at the big spider bitch!" Luci shouts at Bean as he points at Esmee.

 Bean turned to Esmee, and she thrust both of her arms at her. But to Bean's disappointment, nothing happened. She kept thrusting her arms at her while making grunting noises, trying to get some black lightning to shoot out. But again, nothing happened. "OH, COME ON!" Bean griped as she stared at her hands.

   Esmee hissed and glared at Bean. "YOU KILLED MY BABIES!" She roared, "I'LL KILL-ARGHH!" Esmee suddenly cried. An arrow was seen sticking out of her right shoulder.

  Bean, Elfo, Luci, and Freya turned toward where it was shot to see five individuals riding on horses. One girl had short black bobbed hair and light tan skin; her right eye was bright yellow. "DAMN IT! I missed the headshot!" stated Sophie.

One man got off his horse, ran towards Bean, and placed his hands around her arms, staring her in the eyes. His hair was a dark shade of red, and his skin was of an olive colour. "Miss! Are you ok? Are you hurt? Don't worry! I, Archie, the bravest of the Southwold defence force, will-"

"SHUT UP, ARCHIE!" said Both Freya and Sophie.

Archie went quiet for a moment. "Help you..." he said in a quieter embarrassed tone.

  Esmee screamed as she went for the attack but was pelted by another arrow to the shoulder. Sophie would take out three more arrows and try to aim for the head. Esmee swipes two of them away, but one hits her on the other side. She hurries away to hide.