Knight's Festival Part 2

It wasn't long before more neighboring kingdoms, royalty, and knights arrived. A group of knights arrived on horses wearing clad and shiny armor. Derek and Elfo were in awe at the knight's fancy-looking armor. Derek was all gitty and excited at seeing them arrive through the gate.

"Oh my gosh, they look so cool!" said Derek, grinning from ear to ear.

"Right?" said Elfo, grinning a well.

Zog was looking at Derek. He placed his hand over his stomach and sighed. He glanced over at Tavish, who had the usual deadpan, unenthused expression as he always had. Zog began thinking back to when Tavish was young and was always excited to see knights gather and compete in various challenges. Zog remembers when Tavish always looked forward to seeing him compete. Those were great times.

Tavish's deadpan expression would leave him as his eyes widened. The next carriage that would come through the gate was the royal carriage that belonged to the White Rose Kingdom.

Bertram claps his hands excitedly. "Oh good, she was able to make it!"

"What?" Tavish snaps his eyes onto Bertram.

"I Invited Queen Dolores and King Lawerence!" Bertram said. "For some reason, she had no idea the festival was being held here at Dreamland. I wanted to surprise you! I know you and Queen Dolores get along so well!"

Tavish's left eye twitched. But as always, he forced a smile and said, "Oh...how thoughtful of you, Bertram..." It was hard for Tavish to lower the dentist in his voice.

"Hey, Bro," Bean whispered to him. "When will you tell your boyfriend that you and Queen Dolores are hooking up?"

"Not another word out of you..." Tavish snarled.

Queen Dolores adored Tavish—a bit too much. Whenever Tavish and the family visited the White Rose Kingdom, Queen Dolores was delighted to see Tavish. She would always go on and on about how handsome he was and how well his body looked.

      The carriage door to the white rose opened, and Queen Dolores and King Lawerence stepped out. Dolores was, of course, short and round like the Duke and Zog. She wore a white dress with red heels, red lipstick, and A LOT of makeup. Her hair was white, not naturally white like Bean, Tavish, and their mother, but it was fake white hair with the familiar appearance of an ice cream cone. King Lawerence was a wrinkly, short-haired man with a long, hooked nose who used his scepter as a cane and his crown to hide the ever-growling hair loss. Dolores gasped as she saw Tavish and hurried over to hug him tightly.

"Oh Tavish, my sweetie-pie. It's so good to see you!" She squealed. Tavish looked as though he was going to die of oxygen loss. Bean, Elfo, and Luci all looked like they would burst into uncontrollable laughter.

Tavish pried away from Dolores and looked as though he was going to snap at her. But, of course, he controlled himself and forced a smile. "It's nice to see you too, Dolores...."

Lawrence walked up to Zog and grumbled as he talked. "King Zog,"

"Greeting, King Lawerence! Welcome to Dreamland!" said Zog cheerfully.

"Mhm..." Lawerence mumbled. "Heavens, this place smells...."

"Yeah, we get that a lot..."

     Once the remaining knights and royalty had arrived, the festival finally started. Venus around the grounds opened up, music played, food served, costumes, wooden swords for kids, and even a booth to place bets opened up, where Luci hurried over to place his bet. "All my shiny gold Zog on Dreamland," He said, slamming the gold pouch on the counter. The man behind the booth laughed. "Dreamland? You realize this place hasn't won one of these get-togethers, right?" Luci would smirk. "I have a feeling that the tides will be turning this year."