The Princess, The Elf, The Demon, and the Wanderer Part 11

The clean-up after the battle started as soon as it ended. Townsfolk who were used to heavy lifting helped out by picking up the bodies of deceased Defense Force Soldiers or Order Soldiers. Other townsfolk carried buckets of water to pour on the bloodstains on the ground. Injured survivors were taken into care while Order survivors were killed on the spot. Koga was taken into care, and Freya followed with tears streaming down her face. The whole day consisted of cleaning up and returning things to normal, which happened quickly. One Defense force soldier came out with the antidote bottle and began giving it to all affected by Lavander's poison-and they too were taken into headquarters to recover. Bean, Elfo, and Luci were in the headquarters dining room. Those who could move and weren't injured enjoyed a nice hot meal. The Trio, however, wasn't hungry. They wouldn't be in the dining hall if allowed to see Koga. But currently, he was being tended to. Freya was sitting outside the dining room in a seat with her face buried in her hands.

"I don't see how anyone can celebrate when Koga's probably lying on his death bed..." Bean said she didn't eat, but she chugged a beer round.

"Well, you got to look at it this way. These wild bastards are all used to this sort of thing, so Koga being down probably isn't all that new," Luci stated. 

"I am worried about Koga, but...I don't know. Maybe he'll be fine?" Elfo said, staying optimistic.

     Bean looks outside of the dining room entrance at Freya. Bean places her beer down. "I'm going to go check on Freya," She said as she got up from the table and walked over to her. Bean sits down next to Freya, and she looks up to see who it is. Her eyes were bloodshot and dry tears were seen around her cheeks.

"Hey..." said Bean.

"Hey..." Freya replied weekly.

"How are you holding up?"

"I'm fine..." Freya lied.

 Bean momentarily turned away from Freya and stared at the wooden floor below her.  "You were great out there. I mean, I hardly ever see another woman like you that's that good with a sword," she said, brushing her white hair aside. Freya looks at Bean and smiles a bit. "Thank ye. You weren't too bad yourself against that purpled-haired twat..." She giggled softly. Bean chuckles and rubs her left arm. "I guess..." She then places her hands together and twiddles her thumbs.

"So why is a Princess away from her Kingdom and travelling with an Elf and a talking cat?" Freya asked as she placed her back against the stone wall while keeping her eyes on Bean.

Bean sighs. "Well, It all started when my dad, the King of Dreamland, decided to put me in a political marriage with a prince from a neighbouring land. Of course, I told him I didn't want to marry a stranger. Especially someone who I DO NOT LOVE. But then he gives me the "It's your duty as a princess! We need this to solidify our alliance!" And all that other king talk..."

"Sounds like ye dad needs to get his head out of his ass..." said Freya.

"No, it's been up there for so long. It's his second home," Bean said as she laughed softly. Bean would then explain the events that followed once the wedding began. This caused Freya to let out a well-needed laugh. Bean let out a few small laughs. "It's not funny I killed a prince!"

"No, ye didn't, Bean. He's the idiot who didn't watch where he was kneeling! He didn't sound all that smart either!"

"No, he wasn't. Just another muscle-headed buffoon..." said Bean bitterly as she held herself. "Once the first son died, they tossed another one at me. Like, right after their first son died, they had a replacement. It pissed me off so much. If it weren't for Elfo crashing the wedding, I'd probably be...well...you know..."