Thirty Six

Getting ready in Lando's bedroom, I had to give up when Lando insisted on giving me the room since it has an adjoining toilet while the other guest room doesn't. "Great, we can cuddle then", Max sarcastically spoke seeing the guest bed was probably too small for the two of them.

We all got ready for our late lunch out, the sun shining brightly outside. I could already feel how hot it was going to be so I went for a printed mini dress and a pair of flat sandals. The door opened just in time I was left with putting my hair up. I sat on the floor in front of the huge floor length mirror while Lando started checking himself out in the mirror. I chuckled watching him adjust the button up linen shirt he was wearing, the top buttons opened while he sang.

Putting my hair up in a sleek bun, I breathed out, my arms tired from brushing my hair. Max suddenly came in clapping his hands. "Come on. Chop chop!" I rummaged through my luggage for my small bag then ran to the impatient boys waiting at the door. We waited for the elevator to go down to Lando's parking floor, following him to stop at a blue open roof car.

"Sick!", Max complimented. It was a vintage Fiat Jolly with only a rope acting as doors. Climbing to the back seat, I sat in the middle with my sunglasses on. We pulled out of the parking lot and drove to wherever we were having lunch at. The breeze blew on my skin and the sun was gleaming as we drove through the streets, catching people's attention. We laughed at a surprised guy shouting, "is that Lando Norris!?", out loud.

Arriving at a small restaurant, there were a few people waiting outside. The boys climbed out first, Lando offering his hand out for me to hold. His hands were soft as my hand held onto him. I followed the boys from behind while they said hello to a few friends of theirs. "This is Audrie", Lando introduced. The group smirked while they shake hands with me. "We heard a lot about you."

"You did?", I asked nosily. They nodded but Lando changed the topic before they could say more. Soon enough, Lando started wishing goodbye making his friends chuckle. Following the boys to the restaurant, I left confused.

The waitress showed us our table outside below the shaded deck area. We ordered freshly grilled seafood while we enjoyed the gentle sound of waves crashing onto the shore. As we savored the delicious food platter and chatted, Lando secretly signaled the waiter. Moments later, a server came at our table carrying a dessert with a single lit candle.

Surprised as I noticed the dessert, Lando leaned in with a grin. "I couldn't let this lunch pass without celebrating. Happy early birthday."

My eyes widened, other people beside us chipping in to celebrate as I made a wish and blew out the candle. Max chuckled, teasing Lando for his sweet gesture. I mouthed thank you to everyone, fighting the urge to hide myself.

"My birthday is in two months, Lando!", I whispered, "but thank you." Sharing the tiramisu dessert with the two boys, my cheeks still reddened from the surprise while Lando still sat happily.