Thirty Four

Clutching the stuffed toy, somehow it multiplied within the group. Now each one of us had prizes won after going through the games again. The night was getting late and a lot of people were starting to leave. Instead of following Ria, I decided to follow Lando, Max and Niran in one car since we do live together. While the boys tried to play tetris with the huge stuffed animals both Max and Lando got, I happen to find myself alone with Max.

"Audrie", Max started, "We should talk."

My heart raced, knowing the conversation had to happen. I hesitated for a moment, then sighed, deciding it was time to be honest. "I know. Whatever happened that night, it was a mistake and and I don't know why I did it."

Max took a deep breath, preparing to share something he had been wrestling with for a while.

"Audrie," Max began, his voice tinged with vulnerability, "there's something else I need to tell you. I know that you like Lando, and that's okay. I know you kissed me because you were confused, and that's okay. But I also need to be honest with you about something."

I looked at Max, my brow furrowing with curiosity. "What is it?"

He hesitated for a moment, his gaze steady. "I've had feelings for you, Audrie. More than just friendship. But I've seen how you feel about Lando, and it's clear that your heart is with him."

My eyes widened with surprise and empathy. I had always valued our friendship and didn't want to hurt him. "Max, I had no idea. I'm sorry if my feelings for Lando made things complicated."

He gave a small, understanding smile. "It's not your fault, Audrie. You can't control your feelings, and neither can I. What's important is that our friendship means more to me than anything else."

I felt a rush of gratitude for Max's understanding and willingness to be open with me. "Thank you, Max. I truly value our friendship too, and I don't want anything to come between us."

Max embraced me in a side hug, both of us relieved that we could talk things through without getting confused. Hearing Niran shout for us, me and Max ended up sitting at the back together. I smiled at Max, a sense of relief washed over me but the smile wavered when I saw Lando's eyes watching me from the rear view mirror.

Roommates Mismatched: Lando Norrisजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें