Twenty Seven

Setting up my own vlog camera at the side, I hit the record button to get some behind the scenes footage for our last video of the day. The sky outside started to darken with dark clouds slowly forming. I winced at the bright studio light set facing to us, adjusting my eyes.

We stood in teams, me with Lando while Ria with Max. High fiving Lando, we knew Ria and Max would lose since they would banter the whole time. Smiling to the camera, Ria and I took turns doing the intro before the Quadrant cake decorating challenge starts. Lando and I giggled, putting our aprons on faster than the other two.

Layed spread on the kitchen island, there were so many things we could use like chocolate chips and different icing colors. Being the one who loves baking, Lando gave me the chance to take the lead. We chose a vibrant orange and blue color scheme, reflecting McLaren's iconic colors, while Ria and Max went for a bold red and blue combination.

"Woooaahh", the three of them said in awe watching me pipe the cream onto the cake. Showing Lando first how to spread the cream, he uses the spatula to smoothen it out. Gasping when Max wiped his fingers on the cream, he taunted by tasting it. "You're on!"

The room was soon filled with playful cake decorating competitions, with sprinkles flying and frosting smeared on cheeks and aprons. Laughter filled the air as the we raced against the clock.

"Landooo", I whined when keeps messing up piping the Quadrant logo. Smacking Max's arm, I pushed him away from disturbing us. The team counted down, my hand on Lando's guiding him for the final touch.

"...1...hand's off!", they announced. The four of us put our hands up, looking at each other's cakes and comparing them. We chuckled at Ria's attempt of writing the word Quadrant on the small cake, only fitting the letters "Quadr"

In the end, both teams made a debatable delicious three-layer cakes, and it was time for the taste test. We eagerly sliced into their creations, revealing the different layers of cake and frosting. Surprised by Lando's gesture, he fed me the cake, my shock making me eat messily which he laughed at. After Ria's line to close the video, we applauded each other's effort, Lando mostly applauding to me.

"Boys!", I whined again when Max and Lando starts to wipe the frosting on everyone's faces.