Thirty Three

Walking alongside Ria and the others, I couldn't help but steal glances at Max. Thinking of the kiss I had with him, I was surprised when his lips moved to deepen the kiss. But when we broke away to Niran and Lando coming home, I realized it was a mistake. Hiding myself in my room after that night, I felt so confused and ashamed that I did that. I knew I had to say something to Max but I cowered away, the thought of seeing both of them making my head spin.

We all waited in line for the huge ferris wheel, my hands in my pockets, forgetting my gloves. While the rest were deep in conversation, I focused at watching people climbing in and out of the gondolas. The staff held me back to wait for the next empty ones, my eyes following the moving machine. Signaling me to go, I carefully stepped inside, the gondola giving shelter from the cold air.

Sitting down, my face turned waiting for the rest to come in but the guy working there told the limit is only for 3 people. My eyes widen seeing Max and Lando's turn to jump in. Such a coincidence. Lando looked at Max, a hint of uncertainty but the guy rushed them to go in so they did.

I screamed when they sat the opposite side to me, the gondola unbalanced. In an instant, I pulled Lando's jacket to sit next to me. My hand were still clenched on Lando's jacket, as I realize this ferris wheel goes quite high.

"Oh sorry", I apologized, Lando's jacket crumpled. He chuckled and laid back, scaring me when the pod sway a little. The boys talked amongst each other while I distracted myself with the view of the whole park. There were so many people.

"Audrie, are you scared of heights?", Lando asked beside me. Looking at his sudden question, I got confused until I saw my hand clenching his arm. "Sorry"

Lando chuckled. "Why did you go up on this ferris wheel if you're scared of heights?"

"I wanted to look at the view.." I answered which Max and Lando laughed at. Over time, the tension that was once there faded slowly, our conversation getting longer and louder.

"You're moving to Monaco?", I asked in shock. Lando nodded, his smile wide. "But..why?"