Nine

My body danced to the music, Wild Ones by by Flo Rida played loudly throughout the night club with a crowd of people on the dance floor. Make a pathway through the sea of people, I held onto Max's shirt so that I didn't lose him. Finding a cozy corner in the vip section where Lando and Steve waited, we sat down onto the plush seats.

Me and Ria mouthed the words to the song, giggling after the song ended. Sitting in between her and Lando, we were all shouting at each other asking what we were drinking. Lando leaned in to my ear while his hand held my thigh, him suggesting a drink I should try. As if where the skin burned from his touch, Max see myself bite my lips nervously. He looked away, his face looking annoyed again.

The drinks came, all of us cheering for Lando's race and wishing him more victories for the next race. I winced at the alcohol going down my throat, pumping into the air. Dancing to the sound, Lando grinned leaning closer to me shouting over the music. "What a race today huh? That last lap overtake was crazy!"

Laughing, my voice just audible above the music. "I'm so proud of you Lando! You did amazing and it was an incredible watch!". As we sipped our drinks, we reminisced about the race, reliving the intense moments and close calls. But soon, the conversation drifted to lighter topics, laughter mixing with the music.

We watched as people from all over the world danced and reveled in the nightclub. It was a moment of pure celebration, a chance to unwind and forget about the pressures of the public eye.

As the night wore on, we all joined the dance floor, except Max and Lando, moving to the rhythm of the music. The club's energy was infectious, and we lost ourselves in the music and the company of friends. "What are they talking about?", Ria shouted to me as our moves slow down while we watch Lando and Max talking to one another. Their conversation looks heated up, Max constantly turning his head behind to where Lando sat.

"I got it!", Niran said and walked up to our booth, breaking their conversation up. I can see Lando leaned against the couch hard, his expression down while Max walked straight to where we were. Pretending we didn't watch just happened, me and Ria started dancing again. I stopped when Max eventually goes up to me. My eyes looks up to him, our faces rather close. Trying to a step back, I felt his hands at my back. He leaned in to whisper to me, wanting to say something but gave up with a sigh. He lets me go then walked away, my gaze going up to Lando clenching his fists and his eyes darken.

In that night club, under the neon lights and surrounded by the beat of the music, the world moved in fast forward except me and Lando. Ria beside me, equally shocked. "What just happened!?"