Eighteen

"Cut!", the producer said signaling to the end of the video challenge. Finding myself chatting with all of them, Lando and Daniel were ecstatically discussing how much torque the car had and how scary the turns were.

With a mischievous grin, Lando said, "How about a lap around the circuit, Audrie?" He wiggled his eyebrows, Daniel and the presenter persuading me too. I don't know how but suddenly I'm standing beside the car getting the helmet strapped on. I got into the passenger's seat, buckling the safety belt on and gripped onto it tightly. The engine roared to life, and the McLaren supercar purred with anticipation.

As we pulled onto the racetrack, Lando accelerated down the straight, feeling the raw power of the car as it effortlessly devoured the tarmac. I was screaming at the top of my lungs, watching the car swerve and speed up down the track.

Lando couldn't help but let out a whoop of excitement as we navigated the corners with precision. His wide grin mirroring the sheer joy of the moment. I could feel my barefoot pushing onto the floor as if I was stomping on the brakes.

As we approached the finish line, he gently eased off the throttle, bringing the McLaren to a halt. The two of us sat there for a moment, catching our breath and relishing the unforgettable experience. While Daniel opened Lando's door, the presenter helped me out with a small laugh.

"How was it?", the man asked. I just looked at him, still catching my breath. "I don't know if I agree saying Lando's a good driver"

Everyone laughed at my comment, clearly lightening the mood with the joke. Saying our goodbyes, I walk beside Lando as we made our way back go the hospitality unit. I smacked his arm when he was laughing at how scared I looked in the car with my hands gripping the safety belt. "Shut up, Lando!", I shrieked covering his mouth. Even though I thought my life was on the line, I couldn't deny how fun the thrilling experience was.