Ten

Time fast forward to next few weeks, Lando left for his next race while the rest of us continued on. Sitting on the couch in the living room watching Netflix, I munched on the bowl of cereal in my hand late afternoon. The house was a bit quiet after the whole thing in the night club, Max and Lando barely talking. It created an awkward situation for me and Niran in the house, always tiptoeing around the both of them.

Now that the house was empty, I finished up a quick morning livestream playing a game with Ria and Aarav. Hearing the front door close, I took a peek only for Max to come into the living room. Scaring each other, we both jumped up. Bursted out in fits of laughter, it was the first time I see him laughing after that night.

"I got thai food", he finally said with a smile and pulled up a bag to show me. Following him to the kitchen, he hummed while opening the food contents. We sat next to each other eating at the kitchen island, enjoying the food. The silence was comfortable, the sound of our spoon and fork clanking on the plate. Gulping my food, I fidget in my seat scratching to say something. I guess Max noticed it. "What's wrong?"

I poke my pad thai with my fork, stealing glances at him. "What happened between you and Lando at rhe night club?". He sat up straighter, wiping his mouth with a tissue, probably figuring out what to say. "We had a little argument"

My eyes furrow as his head turns to me, finding his answer vague. "What argument?". He chuckled and continued eating his green curry chicken. "Is it about me?", I prodded. He looked at me.

"You really aren't dropping this, are you?", I shook my head. He sighed deeply, abandoning his plate and turned to me and so did I. Our knees nearly touching, I waited for his answer. "Yes, it was about you", he started, "we argued about who you'd like better". My mouth opened in shock, completely bewildered. "And this is why we didn't want to tell you", he said chuckling and stood up with his plate.

"What?", I asked looking at him who has finished up washing his dishes. He pat his hand dry with a towel then leaned against the counter with crossed arms. He looked at me for awhile, finding myself conscious under his stare. "I'm kidding, Audrie"

Max chuckled then walked away, up to his room. My head spun in confusion, my pad thai not appealing to me anymore.