Nineteen

A round of applause started from everyone in the garage, Lando and Daniel climbing out of their cars. Though the two's positions were not ideal, everyone still congratulated them for their effort. After the tram surrounded Lando, he came up to me and Archie with a sad face. My heart wrenched watching him lose hope but the only thing I could do was squeeze him into a hug.

"You did great, Lando!"

He ruffled his hair in distress, taking a sip of his drink completely hesitant to everyone's words of encouragement. He still plastered a smile on his face but we all knew how disappointed he was. Archie walked beside me with his hand in mine as we went to the hospitality unit while Lando goes to the media centre for post race interviews. I could see his head turned back to me as he walks further away, his expression showing as if he didn't want me to leave him but we both knew he has some work to do. Archie waved him a goodbye, Lando giving a weak smile.

⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。゚☾ ゚。⋆

A few hours passed and we were still in the hospitality unit, talking to anyone that comes up to us. Archie by now was getting tired and bored, no other kids here with him. Deep in conversation with Zak Brown and one of the strategist, listening to their discussions as if I were part of the team. Not knowing half of what they were saying, I just kept nodding. Our heads turned to the figure coming from the door, I smiled seeing Lando.

"Sorry, got held back there", he said grabbing a seat next to me. He was rather sat close, our shoulders nearly touching as he listens to the conversation that I was in too. Laughing to their dad jokes, Zak and the strategist said goodbye then left while Lando now turned to me.

"Are you okay?", I asked. Lando gave a weak smile again, sighing deeply. "You tried your best, Lando. Stop beating yourself up."

"I know but I just hate myself right now." Returning him back with a weak smile, I lay my head on his shoulder. Lando and I stayed like that for awhile, not caring there were people around me. His mood lightened up, his laughter vibrating through his body. I laughed too, my head pulling away from his shoulder, now conscious of how close we were. Lando peeked to Archie who was fighting his tired eyes, both of us chuckling.

"Let's go", he said. Archie wiped his eyes, dragging himself with his hand in mine as we walked through the paddock. He's probably going to knock out in the car on the way back.