Family Dinner

"I already do not want to go inside your house." Nathan fiddles with his black slacks as he looks forward and not at me.

I decided that Nathan, my parents, and I should sit together and actually have a conversation since my parents haven't seen Nathan in a while or even spoke to him straightforwardly.

My father wasn't really a big fan of Nathan since he's a boy and believes that he just wants to get in my pants but my mother on the other hand doesnt mind and thinks Nathan is a sweet boy.
My mother was also the first person I told about Nathan when I met him in 4th grade.

I was really happy for the first time that day.

"Nathan you shouldnt be nervous, my mother loves you." I interlock my hand with his and lean over towards him kissing his cheek.

"You're father thinks I'm a creep" Nathan narrows his eyes at me.

"My father is delusional okay? Now let's go!" I open his car door and get out, then close it while taking deep breaths.

I wait for Nathan to get out and when he does he looks at me with a pout but also an angry expression.

What a big baby.

I smile and walk towards the front door of my house while Nathan follows me from behind. I feel him hold my waist pulling me back slightly kissing my neck gently which caused butterflies to flutter in my stomach.

Once I open my door and walk in, I automatically get greeted by my parents sitting at the table in the dining room which makes me smile.

"Hello baby girl!" My mom gets up from the dinner table and hugs me. I hug her back and smile as she kisses my cheek.

"Hey mom, Nathan is a bit shy to talk to you guys." I whisper in my mothers ear as she lets out a small chuckle.

I glance at my father and see him with an annoyed expression. "Dad, can you at least try to be nice? He's very sweet."

I stop hugging my mother and walk over to my father who sighs. "Fine fine but if he tries to rub your thigh while your eating then I'm flipping the whole table over. Got it?"

I nod my head nervously then go out the dining room noticing Nathan hiding at the side. "Baby come on, they will be nice okay?"

Nathan sighs then nods his head silently while he lets me pull him into the dining room as we both head to the table and sit down in front of my parents awkwardly. I noticed that my mother covered the food on the table which means it's a surprise.

I hope It's my favorite.

"Is everyone ready to eat? I put my blood and sweat into this food and if it gets cold, everyone is getting it." My mother takes off the covers from the food which causes me to giggle happily since it was in fact my favorite.

Macaroni and cheese, fresh salad, string beans, Barbecue lambchops, white rice, and for the finishing touches is vanilla cake.

After everyone ate a few things we started to talk a little bit.

I noticed my father glaring at Nathan which kept making Nathan look at me. "So Nathan, what do you do for fun? Stripclubs? Smoking?" I get surprised and mouth to my father to stop.

Nathan clears his throat and smiles awkwardly. "No, I actually got accepted into a college in washington. It's been my dream to go there and I tried really hard to get into it by studying and making sure I pass all my classes. I wouldn't go to a strip club especially since my beautiful girlfriend is right here and I know I would never try to hurt her in any way. She's my everything."