Truth

I woke up early and rubbed my eyes softly.

I checked the time and was a little surprised that it was 8:25 am. I never woke up that early before, not in at least a few months.

I would mostly wake up around 1:00 or 2:00 pm because of how late I would sleep which mostly sucks because I kind of miss the whole damn day.

Do you know what I could be doing that day?

Eating, talking to Nathan, listening to music, doing Nathan, cooking with my mom, and so on and so on.

I realized that Mei was still sleeping in my bed when i accidently put my hand on her foot. She twitched a bit and shuddered a little bit in disgust.

I understand if you snore really loud but that is just scary.

How do you even twitch in your sleep?

I slowly climbed over her and got out of my bed so I could take a nice good stretch.

I checked my phone and saw that Nathan surprisingly texted me to come over today and that he wants to have a little talk.

"About what?" I texted him back but he just left me to read. I sighed to myself and just rolled my eyes, he's probably just still bitchy because I was going crazy over him going to Washington.

I quickly threw on some sweatpants with a plain white t-shirt. I rushed to the bathroom to brush my teeth and brush my hair while putting on some deodorant.

I know that he's my bestfriend and I'm just going to see him for a little talk but I atleast want to feel refreshed.

I quickly rushed downstairs while putting my phone and headphones in my pocket towards the front door.

"Hey hey grab some toast honey!" I quickly ran back to my mother and groaned.

"But I have to go out! I will grab some food over at Nathans." My mother gave me that "If you say anything about not needing food i will end you" look which quickly made me grab a piece of toast.

"Thank you! Be careful now!" I left the kitchen and smiled as I left out the front door. "I will!" As I walked down the road I put on my sweater since it was a bit windy.

I know Florida usually is really hot but sometimes it could get a bit chilly.

Well for me it does.

I arrived at Nathan's house in 20 minutes which caused me to let out a heavy sigh due to the fact i kept walking and not stopping for anything.

Damn, I need to work out.

I went up to his door and rang the doorbell first. When nobody answered I decided to knock on the door a few times then I heard the door unlock.

I looked up to see Nathan's dad who was eating a bagel. "Oh, hello Larrea! I will get Nathan right down for you." I smiled and waited patiently as Nathan's father called out for Nathan to come downstairs to see me.

A few minutes later, Nathan came by the door but he didn't look too happy to see me.

What the hell? What did I do?

"Hey! You called me over, what happened?" I smiled awkwardly at Nathan but all he did was glare at me.

"So you are going to act like you didn't say all those things about me?" I furrowed my eyebrows confused at him.

What the hell is he talking about? I even forgot the last thing I said to him when we saw each other or texted each other.

"Nathan, what are you talking about?" I shook my head confused and tried to touch his hand but he backed away.

"Oh please Larrea, you know exactly what the fuck I'm talking about. You think I don't care about you? That I didn't fucking love you? Larrea ive loved you ever since I fucking met you! Ever since I saw you alone that day when we were kids, I felt connected with you! I am your best friend!" I noticed Nathan started to tear up as he yelled at me almost.

I tried to get words out but I couldn't for some reason.

I was completely speechless.

"I-I...Nathan.." Nathan looked away from me a bit. "Whatever, Larrea, just don't hit me up. I don't want to talk to you today." Before I could even say wait, Nathan closed his door and left me right there out his doorway.

I felt tears form from my eyes but I held my emotions down even though my chest was hurting from trying to endure the pain.

Endure it, endure it, endure it Larrea.

I breathed in and out then walked back home biting my lip trying to hold my tears in.

When I arrived back home I saw Mei already leaving. "Wait! Mei hold on wait!" Mei quickly turned around and looked at me with her eyebrows furrowed.

"Where are you going? Are you going back home now?" Mei smiled a bit at me even though my face was still a frown from earlier.

"Yeah, my dad called me and he wants me back home, I'll call you!" I just waved at Mei then she walked off texting on her phone. I sighed and just went back into my house.

"Hey honey! Want a sandwich?" I put my thumbs up towards my mother and went over to the living room to where my father is. I sat next to him and sighed again quietly.

"Are you okay Larrea?" I nodded then fake smiled at my father. All he did was nod his head as well and continued to watch TV

--------------------

As the day started to end, I decided to watch some Netflix on my laptop but kept checking my phone in between the movies.

God, I hope he texts me.

As I started to feel a bit sleepy, my phone buzzed so I picked it up just to check to see who texted me.

Instead of a text, I read the following notification that came from instagram. "Hey Larrea! Mei just posted on her story!"

I hummed a little to myself and checked the notification to open Mei's story.

My eyes went wide and I almost gasped but didn't.

Mei is at Nathan's house.

---------------------