Weird

Nathan drove me all the way back home. During the car ride it was silent but we would make a few small talks so stuff doesn't seem awkward.

When I arrived home, I saw Mei sitting on my doorstep crying. My motherly friend instincts kicked in and I quickly ran to her and slid on my knees as I got close up to her. She looked up at me with her eyes a bit pink turning red and mascara running down.

I felt so bad for her, that boy meant everything to her and he just left her like she's just some garbage that was waiting to be thrown out. "Oh Mei, fuck him, he was so ugly anyways. He wasn't worth it babe." I hugged Mei tightly and reassuringly which made her cry harder.

Nathan decided to walk up to her and sit next to us, he rubbed her shoulder slightly with a frown on his face. I let Mei go out of my grasp and she quickly hugged Nathan tightly while crying into his arms.

I just watched and smiled a little but I felt a little jealous.

Nathan hugged her back but it wasn't tight, it was more of a friend hug even though she was holding onto his waist for dear life and burying her head into his chest.

"Oh Nathan, I can't believe he did this to me, hold me tighter." Nathan chuckled awkwardly and held her a little tighter.

Well that was weird, I still trust Mei though, she would never do that. She doesn't even know that me and Nathan are official now too, i will maybe tell her later or soon.

She probably doesn't want to hear about relationships right now especially since her and her boyfriend just broke up and he dumped her harshly.

I continued to sit there awkwardly and looked away while sighing. Nathan noticed and let go of Mei quickly, he moved next to me and put my head on his chest.

"You okay?" I nodded my head and he kissed my head quickly before Mei could see us. I looked at Mei and she gave me a curious face furrowing her eyebrows but I noticed a quick glare she did at me.

Um okay?

A few minutes passed of all of us talking together and eventually Mei hugged me goodbye and hugged Nathan again. She walked away holding her handbag and wiping her eyes to get some of her run down mascara off.

I looked up at Nathan and he looked down at me. "I have to go too my love, could I pick you up tomorrow?" I smiled at Nathan and kissed him gently while placing my hand on his chest to reach up to him on my tippy-toes trying not to fall forward. "Of course, come at 3:00 pm"

I giggled as Nathan kissed my neck then my cheek. "I will see you tomorrow baby." I noticed Nathan hesitate after he said bye to me like he wanted to say something else but I brushed it off and waved to him as he left.

I sighed and walked back into my house to see my Father watching tv with no liquor bottles nearby. How strange, i haven't seen him drunk in a while.

I decided to sit next to him and he made some room. "Where did you go today butterfly?" I looked at him a little surprised that he called me butterfly, he hasn't called me that since i was 7 and since he started drinking.

"Just with Nathan." My father nodded his head slightly and we both watched "My Girl" quietly. "Where's mom?" I looked at him curiously furrowing my eyebrows. "She's sleeping in bed, she fell asleep early tonight."

My father spoke but wasn't glancing at me too much, I brushed it off and nodded my head awkwardly. "Well I'm going to head to bed, goodnight dad." I walked away from him and into my bedroom, I heard him say goodnight back but I just ignored it.

When hes sober, he's so boring and so quiet. I wonder why my mother fell for my father, I guess it will always be a mystery. I took off my shoes and sighed laying on my bed. I got up shortly after and changed from Nathan's "Calvin Klein" underwear into my own underwear.

For some reason, when Mei was hugging Nathan I felt so jealous. Why was she hugging my boyfriend like that? I don't know why but I got a bit angry along with a bit of sadness.

What if he starts liking her? What if he leaves me? I don't want Nathan to leave me. I calmed myself down and tried to endure my feelings.

I won't confront them because I don't want to make drama and Mei is a pretty dramatic person. I know she doesn't mean it but that's just her personality.

I sighed and went on instagram scrolling down posts. I noticed Chloe posted something new and of course i had to check it out.

To me she's not my enemy but she's someone I don't like. She's too obnoxious and too much of a narcissist. I hope whoever dates her doesnt get drained from her presence.

I checked out her account and scrolled to look at her post but then gasped when I noticed her caption and picture.

Mei was hugging Chloe as they posed by a beach with the caption "My cousin is like sunshine, she's everything to me" with a little heart at the end of "me". I wanted to pass out when I read "cousin."

My friend is cousins with obnoxious snobby chloe.

This can only go so well.