Father

Nathan drove me back home early in the morning.

I had my washed clothes on that i wore to the party and i sighed slightly. I saw Nathan pull infront of my house and we both sat there.

"So...see you in school tomorrow?" I looked at him slightly. "Yeah of course! Im always in school dummy." He chuckled a little and i got out of the car. I looked at him a little and he looked at me still smiling softly. I put up my hands to form a heart and he did the same before driving off.

I bit my lip walking towards my front door and knocked on it. My mother opened the door and gasped at me before quickly pulling me in.

She soon gave me a lecture in the living room as we sat on the couch together about how i cant just disappear like how i did last night and how she and my father were very worried.

The only thing that caught me off guard was when she said father.

"Are you serious? My father? Mom, that scumbag wouldnt even care if i got hit by a car!" My mom gasped at me slightly. "Don't you ever say that my love, your father..he can just be-" "a cheater and a drunk of a father mom. You don't even have to make a excuse."

I saw my mom frown at me before she leaned over slightly and held my hands.

"My love, your father wasn't always like this. Your father used to be amazing, kind, courageous, and the most trustful person ever. I know it might seem bad now but h...he just goes through a lot. Especially since grandpa died when you were 7. Hes working on it my love."

I looked at my mother and saw her teary eyes which made me look down at my fingernails. Like I said before, it hurts to see my mother cry over this man.

I felt her hand touch my shoulder and she sniffed slightly. "Give him some time my love, he is just going through a lot." I nodded my head yes and she smiled a little before getting up and going into the kitchen.

I suddenly heard her from the kitchen crying softly to herself trying to not be loud. I teared up too but just headed upstairs to my bedroom wiping my tears with my sleeves.

My mother has always been a caring person throughout her whole life, she's the only person i look up to in my whole life. Even though sometimes I could be a bitch, I really do care for a lot of people. If Chloe even came over crying in front of my door I would gladly ask her what happened. I would also laugh secretly though after but that's not the point.

My mother is a kind soul who deserves someone who could give her the world, and that person wasn't my father.

----------------------------------------------------------

The day was passing and the sun was heading down. For almost the whole day I was thinking of me and Nathan's kiss.

I couldn't get him out of my head and it was torture! After that night, I didn't decide to text him all day today. What if it was awkward? What if he didnt like it?

He's my first kiss.

When we were Sophomores, I lied to him saying that I kissed a boy before because he claimed he kissed a girl before.

I didn't want him to start making fun of me as a joke because I haven't kissed a boy so I lied to him. There's a lot of things I don't tell Nathan. It's not because i don't want him to know about me but there's certain things about me that i could say to him and he would look at me weirdly.

I don't want Nathan to leave me. Even though we kissed and had that small argument over Chloe when he kissed her, he's still my everything.

I shouldn't get so jealous over him and other girls but since he's so beautiful..very beautiful, any girl can just fall for him when he looks at those girls with those beautiful dark brown eyes he has.

I suddenly heard the front door open but then I knew it was my father.

I suddenly heard some banging so I decided to go downstairs slightly and peek at my father and mother. My mother laid down my father on the couch and put a hot rag on his head.

He came back drunk again but this time it was different. He started to cry in my mothers arms saying how she should leave him and I just looked down and started to tear up.

I've never seen my father so emotional ever since my grandpa died.

I went back upstairs and laid in my bed going under my covers. I soon heard my phone buzz to see that Nathan texted me "see you at school tomorrow" with a heart emoji.

I smiled to myself but then stopped. What did that mean? Does it mean he likes me in a friend way or..no let me not even think that.

"See you at school Nathan" I replied and started to bite my lip to see if I should also put a heart emoji.

I sighed and just sent the message without the emoji. It's better if I don't, he would think that i like him.

I put my phone on my charger and closed my eyes.

Inhale and exhale, I was finally away.