How Do You Feel?

I woke up a bit earlier than usual which was strange.

I had a pounding headache which made me pause and hold my head for a little while groaning. "Fuck me."

I groaned again and quickly grabbed my phone to check the time.

It was 6:35 AM which made me sigh. I then went through some notifications and realized Nathan texted me at 2:00 AM.

I quickly pressed the notification and read it which brought a smile to my face automatically.

"Hey Larrea, I hope you feel better, especially since yesterday happened. I don't know if you knew already but sorta  broke up last night LOL. I feel like you are more of a best friend than a girlfriend to me. Even though we are still close as ever and we did technically sleep with each other a few times, I still want to have that connection with you. I have some gifts for you since it's valentine's day. Text me when you wake up okay? Bye Larrea, I love you."

I sighed to myself softly as i reread some parts of the message. "I feel like you are more of a best friend than a girlfriend to me."

I picked at my fingernails as i admired my ceiling that had some stickers on it that were over my bed.

I used to always jump on my bed with Nathan as we both put stickers on top of my ceiling. One time when Nathan left, my dad scolded me and slapped me across my face claiming that i was ruining his shit.

I deserved it anyways, I shouldn't have been doing that.

Sooner or later i turned onto my stomach and let out a stretch. I yawned loudly then finally got up doing my morning routine.

I texted Nathan that he could come over today but he has to watch out for my fathers side eyes.

They're deadly, I swear.

I went downstairs already dressed in plain baggy jeans with a baby long sleeve tee. Even though it's basic, I make all my outfits look kind of good.

My mother gave me breakfast and kissed my cheek. I realized that my father must've left for work since his car was clearly not in our driveway.

After finishing half my plate of waffles, I heard Nathan pull up. I quickly smiled and opened the door but my smile soon turned into my lips parting in shock.

Nathan came out of his car with tulip flowers and my favorite chocolates.

"You are lying!" I laughed and covered my mouth while blushing. I wanted to faint and cry at the same time. "Happy Valentine's day Larrea." Nathan smirked at me slightly and I quickly hugged his tall figure which made him bend down slightly to hug me back.

He put his muscular arms around my waist and embraced me which made me basically melt into his touch.

He knows what he's doing. didn't we break up though? Wow.

I pulled away and looked up at him as he looked down at me. I saw him move a bit closer to my lips but before he could my mother came out with her phone excited.

"Oh my goodness! My baby is getting so old! Oh my my! Get in the photo Nathan!" I covered my face, embarrassed that my ex boyfriend but also guy best friend is watching my mother take pictures of me. At least it isn't so bad because he knows she does this, but right now?

My mother always does this thing where she has to take special pictures for special events for memories.

Even though its annoying and stressful to keep posing for her, I get happy because she's happy.