mason thames-prom

description: mason asks u to prom and u guys go together 💗

it's almost the month before prom and people are starting to be asked more often. i'm really scared that no one is going to ask me but i also don't want anyone to ask me except my crush. mason thames. i know it's a stretch but i really like him and i know he's famous and stuff now so he's probably got a bunch of girls hoping to go with him.

i just really hope he asks me to prom. i know it most likely won't happen but a girl can dream i guess. i didn't even realize that i was spacing out at my lunch table until my friend, hannah is shaking me to get my attention.

"y/nnn." She drags out my name. "sorry i was spacing out. what's up?" i smile at her. "david asked jules to prom!" she exclaimed smiling. i look over to my friend jules who's sitting at the edge of the table, grinning. "what? seriously? oh my god i'm so happy for you jules! how long have you liked him again?" i ask smiling.

"2 years!" she laughs. "at least he finally noticed that you like him and he likes you." i giggle. she nods her head in agreement. "has anyone asked you yet y/n?" my friend riley asks me. "no not yet." i sigh.

"that's ok! you can go with our group still. i'll dance with you and noah." my friend teagan smiles. i smile back weakly. if only they knew what it was like..

"y/n, i heard that Hayden might ask you-i know it's not Mason but Hayden's good right?" my friend emma tries to cheer me up. "uh yeah..great." i fake smile.

TIMESKIP

it's science right now and my seat is next to mason. whenever we talk i get all nervous and stuff, like i don't know what to say to him. i have my airpods in and i'm listening to Halley's Comet by Billie Eilish. (if u say that u don't like billie, what are u doing with ur life)

i feel a tap on my shoulder and turn toward who did it. it was mason. i take out an airpod. "what's up?" i ask him trying to play it cool. "i was wondering if you wanted to share airpods?" he asked smiling. "oh! uh, sure!" i stutter a bit, hoping he likes my playlist.

"do you like billie eilish? because that's what's playing right now. if you don't that's fine and i can switch it if you want." i start to ramble. "no no don't worry i actually really like billie eilish." he smiles. i grin back at him.

i hand him an airpod and he puts it in and the music resumes. "ohh, i love halley's comet." he smiles. "really?" i ask, intrigued. "for sure. i love the way it switches up in the end." he replies.

we continue listening to halley's comet and then the rest of my playlist during class.

AFTER CLASS

"here." mason says, handing me back my airpod. "thanks." i say softly. we stare at each other for a moment. "well, i got to go to geometry! bye mason." i stutter, flustered by the eye contact. "see ya." he mumbles as i'm walking away.

i can't believe that just happened.

FRIDAY NIGHT

it's friday night and i'm sitting in my room, wondering what i'm going to do about prom. my friends are all out together, finding dresses to match their date's suits. i'm not mad about not coming only because i would be done much quicker since i don't have to match anyone.

it's raining out and i love this weather, especially when it's almost fall. fall is such a lifestyle.

i'm home alone as my mom is with my brother at his lax game and my dad is still at work. i head the doorbell ring and i groan, not wanting to pause gilmore girls. (live laugh love gilmore girls)

i get up and pause it and walk downstairs. i open the front door and see flower petals scattered across my porch and a boy in front of me. he looks up and i gasp. "mason?" i ask, not believing that the most famous kid in high school, with many gorgeous girls drooling over him is on my doorstep.

"uh hi y/n." he stutters. he holds up a sign. "i was wondering if you wanted to go to prom with me?" he asks nervously. i look at the sign that reads: but my prom nights are better, with you than prom night could ever be alone (idk i js tried to relate this t halley's comet 😭😭)

the first song that we listened to together... "yes mason, i would love to go to prom with you." i finally say, grinning from ear to ear. he just smiles and i walk over and take the flowers from him. he pulls me into a hug and i happily hug back.

(841 words)

A/N
GUYS 2K READS IS ACTUALLY FUCKING INSANE ILY GUYS😭🫶