Chapter 37: Battle of UA Part 2

In a misty terrain, there lies a young man on the ground. The young man did not know how he got there, neither does he know what this place is.

But what he knows is that, he is most likely dead.

The moist mud around his legs slowly creeps up his ankles as it holds him in place.

The last thing is the young man remembers is that he was fighting with a monster, and he lost.

People had often called him a monster or the devil, but in his own eyes, he had never viewed himself as such. He was still human after all those times.

He still aged like a normal human, ate like a normal human, spoke like a normal human, but few seems to treat him as such.

It was fine, he thought.

He had never despised being himself, he has never hated his quirk.

The world has blessed him with his quirk, but has not blessed him with a good family. He had to make his own.

It was a fair tradeoff in his eyes. Nothing is gained without hard work and sacrifice. That is what being human means after all.

Like all humans, he didn't want to die.

Like all humans, he didn't like losing.

And finally, like all humans, he could die.

The mud slowly creeps up from his ankles to his knees.

With each passing second, he sinks further into the mud.

Scene change to Nezu

Nezu: DAMMIT!

An enraged Nezu shouts as he frantically active the mech's backup fuel for "Creation" to regenerate the damage leg.

The smartest chimera alive had not anticipated backup of any kind for the invading forces. thus, Lady Nagant's interference was a grave miscalculation.

He had to think of a countermeasure fast, before Dabi and Shoto can fully make use of the opening Nagant had created. With his genius, he thought of a quick countermeasure in 0.7 seconds.

Firstly, he used a capsule containing the quirk "Vines" to create a temporary barrier on his 4 sides for the mecha. This would not stop the high caliber sniper Nagant is using but it would cause whatever fire attack the Todorokis is using, to burn the vines instead of the mecha.

Next, he diverted all the power used for making the rockets and weapons to instead the legs, making the repair faster, in exchange for not being able to move.

Then lastly, if the fire were to burn the vines faster than he had thoughts, he had deployed an instance of a stolen barrier technique around the mecha too.

He would need exactly 5 minutes and 41 seconds to completely repair the mecha with the quirk.

As an added measure, he had commanded any remaining Nomu who are alive on the field to shield him.

This plan may have had its flaws, but all it needed to do was to buy him that 5 minutes and 41 seconds for the repairs to finish.

Scene change to Kaina

Kaina sat on the rooftop of a building nearby as she reloads her arm gun. That one shot that hit the mecha was the first shot she had taken in years.

Kaina: How am I not rusty yet, maybe its just instinct now.

She had came to help to help Izuku.

While he was on the way to kill Hawks, he dropped by Kaina's place to speak with her and Eri. He had warned her about the declining situation in Japan and adviced her and Eri to flee the country.