Chapter 31: Trial Run

Winter has arrived.

Normally winter is a season of celebration and joy, with it having Christmas.

However, in this societal collapse, there is little to feel hope and joy about. But it won't stop some from trying.

Toga: Izuku look it's snowing!

Izuku: Yes I can tell.

Toga: Do u think it's clean to eat.

Izuku: Probably not, I won't recommend you to try.

Toga: It's such a nice day for a date!

Izuku: Honestly yeah, I agree.

Although the weather is cold, the winds weren't all that strong. You can still feel the slight breeze on your cheeks sometimes though.

It also just so happens that the other captains are all busy with something on this day. Hitoshi is sleeping in, Dabi is off training his fire in the snow.

Toga had brought Izuku to the surface to walk around the streets near their base, of course, with disguises on.

For Izuku, it was always a guilty pleasure talking time off to just wander the street of town looking for whatever looks interesting. But with many of the shops around Izuku closed, it didn't feel the same as it used to be. The liveliness just isn't there anymore and many of the civilians around them walked with a grim face.

Toga: Oh Izuku look, it's the cat cafe you always liked visiting. Ohhh but it looks like they have shut down.

Izuku: Yeah it did, quite a while ago actually.

Toga: Awww. I hope the cats are well taken care off.

Izuku: I hope so too.

???: Hello sir, may I have 5 minutes of your time.

Suddenly, a random man dressed in a coat and fedora approached Izuku and Toga. In the short time he had approached Izuku, he had analysed the man, and has concluded that he cannot be more suspicious.

Even though he despises these types of salesmen, this is the only interesting that has happened since he was out.

Izuku: Yeah sure, what you selling?

???: Ah sorry sir you may been mistaken, I don't sell anything. I am part of the Civilian Defence Organisation, my name is Saitou.

Izuku raised an eyebrow at the man's sentence. He had been briefed about this organisation. They had become popular after the start of the north rebellion. They claim to recruit promising citizens of Japan and train them to become defenders of the government. In exchange, the civilians get top notch living conditions with special treatment such as cars and the sort.

They were never really liked by the citizens since one of the conditions for joining is to abandon your previous life and serve the government with their life. However, with the north rebellion growing larger by the day, more citizens has joined the government in search of a safe place they can escape to.

Izuku: Ah nice to meet you Saitou, so what do you want?

Saitou: Ah yes let me explain. From first glance I can tell that you are very powerful, with your finely tuned muscles, and I sense so much more potential from you. I would like to invite you to join our organisation.

Toga: Hey! That's my boyfriend! Don't act so comfortable.

Saitou: Ah sorry miss, didn't mean to offend you.

Izuku: Toga, it's fine. As for you Mr Saitou, you hadn't explain what your organisation does, is this some sort of pyramid scheme?

Saitou: Nono sir. Our organisation recruit individuals like you and train you to become a strong and independent person. We also provide you with the finest housing and meals.