Chapter 29: Preparation for Downfall

Izuku: So catch me up with what happened when I was asleep.

Hitoshi: Well, quite a few interesting events did happen.

3 months.

That's how long Izuku has slept.

In that 3 months, many notable events has happened.

One of them is the reemergence of a familiar face, Trumpet. He has rallied multiple provinces in Japan to go against the current status quo and government.

With the rapid decline in value of the Japanese Yen, it is no surprise that many have followed his extreme ideals of overthrowing the government.

In response, the government had permitted more extreme actions against their own citizens. Mass suppression against those who don't stand with the government starts to happen, with each instance being more extreme than the last.

The currently estimate is that at least 5% of all Japanese citizens have already defected from the country, with many changing their citizenship too.

Downfall of Japan is already on the way, whether the country likes it or not. The government is only keeping total collapse from happening by a slither of a twine. With suppression as bad as it is, there is no freedom or free media, which means unhappy citizens that easy to manipulate and convert into extremist.

Izuku isn't really worried about the rebels, in fact, it just means more people that can join them. He's just worried with the increasing number of members and the lack of order, resources will go low.

Izuku: I see. Are out supply lines doing well?

Hitoshi: Food and water are stable for now, our reserves haven't been tapped into yet. However, medical supplies have slowed down, with many of our suppliers being out of stock. Every other sector should be fine too.

Izuku: Medical huh. I'll check on that in a while. Anything else?

With a downcast gaze, Hitoshi whispered.

Hitoshi: Citrus has passed.

Izuku: I know...

Hitoshi: We had buried his corpse together with our fallen members a few weeks ago. Dabi was the one who read his will.

Izuku has a downcast gaze as he internally mourn his comrade and dead friend. Hitoshi read the mood as he does so too.

After a while, Izuku raised his head again as he asked.

Izuku: Where's Dabi and Toga?

Hitoshi: Dabi is busy with managing everything right now, including training the new recruits and paperwork. Toga is out on a missi-

BANG

The door slammed opened as someone blitzed in pass Izuku. The presence tackles Izuku to the ground as both of them fall backwards.

???: I miss you so much Izu! I miss you!

Izuku: I miss you too Toga.

Izuku hugs the happy-crying girl as he comforts her in an attempt to calm her down. Toga hugs Izuku back twice as hard, nearing reopening one of his wounds.

Hitoshi is silently observing, trying to not interrupt the moment.

Soon, Toga gets up as she got off Izuku. She woke up a few days after Izuku had fallen asleep. When she heard that Izuku was in a coma like state, she couldn't bring herself to leave his side. However, the lack of a management and a lot of pressure from Dabi, eventually pulled her away and made her do work.