painkillers

Third Person POV:
Word Count: 1,039
Spooktober Day Eight: Medicine
Trigger Warning: Mentions of narcotics (used under supervision and authorized by a doctor)
a/n: I used my own personal experience with narcotics (also used under supervision and authorized by a doctor) so I hope you enjoy this. I actually hate this and I'm sorry bahahahaa

"Oh. My. God."

Peter looked up from the homework he had been doing down in the lab, seeing that Tony was laughing at something on his phone. "What," he asked in confusion.

The laughter that left the older man's mouth had been a deep laughter that Peter hadn't heard in a long time. It was one that shook Tony's entire body as tears threatened to stream down his face. It made Peter smile, but he was still confused as to what could be making the man laugh so hard.

After a few more seconds of this laughter, Peter was starting to become somewhat concerned. "Mr. Stark," he said, raising his eyebrow. His homework was all forgotten now as he stood up, walking over toward Tony. "Oh no. Please don't tell me that you downloaded TikTok." Peter had directly told Tony not to download the app, but he was pretty sure that Tony did it behind his back anyway.

Tony, who had tears of joy falling down his face, shook his head. "I'm sorry I just-" He started, but stopped when his laughter started getting so intense. He had another round of a laughing fit before he just shoved his phone toward Peter, shaking his head. "You have to watch this," he said.

Peter took the phone slowly, looking down at the screen. His eyes widened as he saw what he was watching. It was a video from exactly a year ago on that day. And Peter knew exactly what it was.

("Is this thing on," Tony asked in the video. He was smiling at the camera, looking at Peter. "Is it on, Peter?"

All that could be heard was Peter's laughter in the background.

"I'll take that as a yes," Tony said, turning the camera to face Peter. Peter was lying in a hospital bed, having just been dragged out from surgery after a pretty bad patrol. Tony and Peter had made an agreement the next time he got hurt, they were going to try the stronger painkillers to, hopefully, keep his body from metabolizing the medicine so fast. Peter had been awake for a whole five minutes, and Tony had already been getting quite the kick out of the kid. So much so, he was recording this momentous occasion.

"Mr. Stark, you have to listen to this," Peter starts with wide eyes.)

Peter looked up from the phone to see Tony still laughing, trying to wipe the tears off his face. "You told me you deleted this," he said in shock.

"I did," Tony said, a smirk forming on his face. "Then I recovered it from the trash after you left," he said. He was still laughing, but it had died down a little now. He could at least form coherent sentences.

With his mouth still gaping open in shock, Peter turned his attention back down to the video.

("-and it was like, the craziest thing ever. Because, like, I don't know. I don't think I'll ever understand little kids, but that was just wild. They were dancing! And they had feathers taped to their backs like they were turkey's or something."

Tony's laughter could be heard in the video. "Are you telling me that you crashed some sort of Thanksgiving Day Program or something," Tony asked, trying to catch his breath from laughing so hard.

"I don't even know. It was the craziest shit ever, let me tell you-" he started.

"Language."

That made Peter pause, giving Tony—who was behind the camera so it gave the illusion that Peter was looking at the camera—a confused look. "English."

Again, Tony's laughter was vibrant as ever in the video.)

Even now, Tony was laughing just as hard. "It's not even that funny, Mr. Stark," Peter said, watching in horror. He barely remembers this, aside from the footage of the video he had seen. But, the actual moment was a whole blurr. He barely remembered it, probably from the medicine. He hated taking that stuff now, hating how fuzzy it made him feel. But, Tony always reminded him that he needed to take it sometimes to feel better.

"Can you please delete this. Like, really actually delete it this time," Peter asked as he looked at Tony.

Tony pointed back to the phone, a huge smile on his face. "Just wait. This is my favorite part."

With a groan, Peter looked back down at his phone.

("-was that?" Tony was asking.

Peter had a tired look on his face now, leaning back in the bed. "I said that you are kind of the most awesome-est person ever. And, how, like, you really changed my life. And I think that it's crazy that you even know who I am, let alone care about me."

The kid was babbling and Tony was very quiet in this bit of the video.

"-But. What is even crazier about all of that, is that you not only care about me, but you like caring about me. It's so crazy. Like, I don't know. I just think. Wow. You're the coolest guy in the world. And I'm one of the dorkiest. Well, May would say that. I call myself normal and she laughs. And she doesn't even know the worst of it yet."

Tony was laughing again. "Oh yeah?"

"Yeah. I mean, she hasn't seen my impression of Thor. You have. Which is horrifying, by the way," Peter explains over Tony's laughter.)

Peter looks up from the phone. "Why in the world is that your favorite part?" Peter handed Tony's phone back to him, having no more interest in the video.

Tony, finally done with his laughing fit, just shakes his head. "You'll get it when you're an old man like me and you have children of your own," he says. He leans back in his chair before it creaks loudly and both Peter and Tony make eye contact.

Children of your own implied that Tony was implying that Peter was his kid.

His kid.

"Uh, yeah, let's just-" Tony started.

At the same time, Peter started. "F.R.I.D.A.Y., do you think you can get that tape for me? I'd love to have this on my phone for blackmail."

"Hey. Hey! No-"

That's it for this chapter! Remember to drink some water, eat something, take medicine (if you have to), and rest today. You did a good job and I am proud of you :)
Till next time
- Storm