Shorts: Sing a Happy Song

Start from the beginning

"Wow, you actually did it." Candice says running back over to us with a taunting smile.

"Shawn, you is one cool dude. My bad for thinkin you was lame." Tony laughs approaching Shawn and laying on his shoulder. A laugh let loose from his lips and mixes with Tony's. His laugh made everyone else laugh harder. But I know, he doesn't find this funny at all. He's pissed. His hands are balled up, and his tongue is rolled up against the front of his lip. He's upset at me.

"Yeah? Was this what is took?" Our eyes meet momentarily, and I look away first....ashamed. 

"Nah, but this was funny. We can hang out again some other time. I'm sure you want to clean up." A weak laugh escapes Shawn's mouth as he looks at his hands then rubs it on his clothes. I guess paint got in his eyes when he rubs on it.

"Yeah, I would. C'mon, D." Deon pats my shoulder before going over to help Shawn. I follow not too far behind them. Everyone else continued playing while we were leaving. Not having a care in the world is he was okay or not. When we got some ways from the park, I speak up.

"I'm sorry." Ignored.

"Shawn, did you hear me? I said I'm sorry." I jog to catch up to them. Deon looks at me before looking at Shawn who just looks up ahead, ignoring me.

"I shouldn't have done that. I wanted to be funny but-"

"Be quiet." He sighs out. "Your voice is annoying me." I receive a glare before he continues. "Did you think this was funny?"

"No, but-"

"So why did you do it?"

"It was-"

"Don't tell me it was a joke cause I know you wouldn't have thought to do this. You looked guilty as soon as you did it."

"I'm sorry." I look at the ground.

"You said that already."

He shrugs Deon off of him and walks on his own now. There's a good of enough distance between us when Deon pats my back.

"I know you want people to hang around, but I hope you know that this won't be solved no time soon." I sigh out.

"I know."

"Just give him time. He's goin through a lot and this hurt 'im a bit."

 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

1 week after being Smurfed:

"Get out." I fight against Shawn who is trying to push the door shut, and me pushing it open. If he was to win, then I'd lose a few fingers and toes.

"It's been a week now. Why are you still mad at me? I said sorry, I bought you snacks, I even got Ferni's number for you. What will it take?"

"Really, nothing. I just don't want anything to do with you. Now, get out." He pushed me out the room and slam his door shut.

"That isn't even your room." I kick the door and cross my arms. "So, you want to stop being friends with me over this?"

"You picked who your friends were." He yells from the other side of the door. "Now leave me alone, you chalk board." The mean name makes me look down at my flat chest.

"You did worst things and I forgave you."

"Go to hell."

"You jerk." I kick the door again.

"I rather be that than hopper." 

"Damn." Deon says wincing.

"Could you talk to him?"