CHAPTER XXIII

Reopen my case and we can go from there . If I’m guilty then
I’m guilty “

STUART’S POV

1 week later ……

Today is the day for which I have been waiting from the last 8 years . Today we will be getting the justice that  my family wants from a long time . Today will be the day when all our miseries will be gone and a new life will start for us , but in these all , we still miss my mom who lost her life in this battle of justice .

As per my lawyers advice , I contacted Mr Derek Brown for his witness , I even kept Dee’s recording as a solid evidence and I kept on consoling Pearl to be strong because she will be going against her family which is itself  a hard job .

I even visited my dad’s cell to mention about this and mention the day when he will be freed from all this miseries . He is not fully happy he still is somewhat sad , when I asked about his sadness he just tells “ for my justice , a whole family will suffer “ . Really my old man ? After all those happened he still thinks about others , he is really a noble person .

My dad already knows about my love and the betrayal that I faced from it , he knows about my life in hospital . He even knows how his small food business has grown largely and now his son owns more than 25 outlets all over the country . After he got to know about my betrayal in love  he was somewhat broken from inside , but Dee kept on consoling him that I will be okay in no time .

I and Dee  filled him up with everything that has been happening in our life whenever we visited him  but we kept the fact of mom’s death hidden from him . Actually my dad and mom did love marriage so if we mentioned mom’s death to him , then he will be more broken from inside . So in order to protect him , we decided to keep that fact as a secret from him .

Court day ……

Today , we decided to forget all the work pressure of our outlets and focus fully on my dad’s case . Mr Adam , our lawyer told us that if we can present all the evidences perfectly then we may get the result today itself . Hope for the best . Our lawyer even mentioned that today the hearing will start around 10:30 a.m and since McAndrew’s and Mitchell’s are one of the richest businessmen of the country so our case’s hearing  will be live on T.V .

As planned I picked Mr.Derek Brown from his home and we all went towards the court . Mr Adam has already reached there before so that he can look after the process so that there will not be any problem whatsoever . Pearl decided to cover her face and will reveal her face only when she will be called to work as an evidence . It can be because her dad , mom will be present there and they may identify her . I don’t complain about it .

At around 10 : 00 a.m the doors of the court were opened and we got seated . The for means ,  who supports my dad sat on the left while the opposition means , who supports Daryl Mitchell sat on the right . Mr Adam along with his subordinates were sitting at the front and we all were waiting for the judge and jury members to show up .

I can sense there was a smile in Mitchell’s camp , it may be their overconfidence that they have and they don’t know what effective evidences we got . I can see Daryl Mitchell was having a smile and talk with his lawyer  and frequently looking at us and Pearl who has covered her face . I can even see that cunning lady Juliana Rogers is sitting beside that asshole Daryl Mitchell .