CHAPTER X

In life , we have to forgive everyone and move ahead “

STUART’S POV 

Liam’s health condition was not good . When Pearl called me at night , I was totally frightened about what could had happened with him , I rushed towards her home and later took them to the hospital .

After the doctor examined Liam , he informed us that the child is suffering from high fever and food poisoning  . Later Pearl informed me that the food poison may be due to the juice that he consumed while coming back from school . I will not blame Liam for that , as when I was a kid I also used to ask my dad about the food that sells near to my school .

I was consoling Pearl about not to worry as everything will be fine when the nurse informed us that we can meet our son . Pearly immediately rushed towards the pediatric intensive care unit where Liam was admitted . I followed her , but the scene that was in front of me was not pleasant .

Within an instant , Pearl’s hand flew to her mouth and she broke into a loud cry . The baby was lying on the hospital bed , may be sleeping or not conscious , must be the doctors has given him some sort of sedatives so that he can sleep without any pain . There was a tube with an injection syringe was attached to Liam’s wrist , may be it was saline or something .

Taking slow steps Pearl went towards the bed and touched our son . He didn’t moved an inch . She erupted into more cry , I tried to console her by rubbing her back but nothing was helping her .

Still crying , she bent down and with her soft hand she caressed Liam’s cheeks softly and continued to wipe her  tears with the other hand which was blurring her vision . She traced a finger to his forehead and caressed and removed the single strand of hair that felt on his forehead .

She again started to cry , the scene before me was not pleasant . I held Pearl’s hands and made her sit on a chair near the bed .

She kept on crying , her cry was uncontrollable . I can understand her condition , after all she is the mother of that child and a child is always precious to his mother . I bend towards her and grabbed her shoulder “ don’t cry , everything will be fine . This hospital has the best doctors , they will cure Liam in no time . Just be patient “ I spoke while rubbing her back .

My gaze moved towards Liam , the scene in front of me was not acceptable . I know I don’t have lot of memories or bonding with him  but the small bonding that I have is enough . I miss his jolly nature like his mother , his cute little words like “ onkle“ to refer me ( actually it is uncle but he pronounce like onkle ) and “ mommy “ that he used to refer to his mother .

I was in deep thoughts , when I heard Pearl’s voice “ Why God is so determined to make me suffer more in life when my life is actually fucked up ? I know I have done wrong deeds but I am extremely sorry for that , but why still I have to face all this ? I have already faced my consequences of the bad deeds that I committed “ .

The situation was becoming very sentimental , in order to changed the situation , I bend a little and whispered “ please come outside “ in Pearl’s ears . “ But , how can I leave my son and go outside ? “ she asked . “ See , now he is sleeping , you cannot talk with him right now, let him sleep and after he wakes up you can talk with him as much as you wish “ I spoke . She agreed to me and stood up .

She stood but promised me that he will return within 15 minutes . I agreed to her and took her outside . We went towards the main gate , while going I asked her “ have you eaten something ? “ . She nodded saying “no” . “I knew that  , if you don’t eat anything the how you expect your child to be well “ I spoke this time it was like an order .