Chapter Eleven

Greta sat on her black throne with her head resting against one hand. Her other hand tapped impatiently on the arm of the throne. She blankly stared at her advisor in front of her who was pacing back and forth waving his arms wildly.

"They're going to riot, your majesty!" he told her for about the fifth time. "They say-"

Greta growled impatiently for the fifth time that day. "I don't care what they say, understand?" She stood up quickly making the advisor quiver under her stare. "I don't care if they riot. They will just be killing themselves."

"H-How will they be killing themselves?" The advisor stumbled asking her. She smirked as she noticed him trying to suppress his fear of her. It wasn't working well as he messed with his fingers.

Greta gave him an evil smile. "Because, I'll cut their food supply down and, if there are any farmers near them, I'll burn their fields." Greta sighed and slumped back down in her chair. "You're the advisor, go fix it." She waved him away. He bowed quickly and ran out of the throne room. Greta ran a hand over her face and sighed.

They want my sister, she thought to herself. Why? That little runt wouldn't be a very good leader. They think she's so great. Where's their little beloved princess now? Possibly dead or lost in Exilium! Greta started to cackle out loud when a knock came from the other side of the throne room doors. She composed herself before ordering, "Come in!"

Two soldiers in black armor walked in leading a man behind them. The man was clothed in brown pants and a white shirt with a cheap leather vest. He had a belt around his waist with a scabbard attached to it, but no knife or sword. The man was very attractive and tall with brown hair and brown eyes.

Greta sat up straighter when he walked in. "Who do you bring?" she asked the soldiers. He wasn't in shackles or acted as if he was nervous about being in her presence.

They stopped at the foot of the stairs leading up to her throne. The soldiers stood at attention while the man just casually stood there as if she was just another peasant like him.

"A huntsman, my lady," one of the soldiers spoke up. "Just like you asked."

"Aw yes." Greta had forgotten about her request from all of the commotion this morning. She waved the soldiers away. "You two may go and leave me and this huntsman to talk." The soldiers bowed and gladly left the throne room. "Now, huntsman, what's your name?" she asked the man once the soldiers left.

The man looked up at her for the first time. "Aden," he answered her. "What do you need me to do, Queen Greta?"

"Well, Aden," Greta began, "it's who I want you to kill." She crossed her legs and became more relaxed on the throne. "You see, my sister has been causing me trouble for the past few days."

"But your sister has been exiled," Aden mentioned to her. "How can she be causing you trouble?" He crossed his arms as he stared up at her.

Greta sighed, she hated being interrupted. She kept her composure and answered his question, "Elisheva is still alive and the people know it. They want her to be their queen and they want me to be the one who was exiled. They won't stop talking and protesting unless I somehow kill her. So, what I want from you is to go into Exilium, find my sister, and kill her."

Aden looked at her blankly for a moment. Finally he opened his mouth to say, "Why would I do this for you? Your parents exiled my brother for murdering someone, but he never murdered the man!" He quickly closed his mouth when he saw the hard stare of the Queen.

Greta sighed impatiently and leaned back against the throne. "Because I will bring back the one person you desire the most. Do this one job for me, and I will bring her back." She smirked at him. "I did my research when asking for you. Do this for me and everything will be right once again."

Aden thought about it for a while before finally nodding. "Alright, I'll do it."

"Thank you, Aden. I'll have the soldiers give you your knife or sword back and I'll make sure that you have a horse and food for your travel." Aden bowed and turned to walk away when Greta stopped him. "I want her head brought back to me, Aden. By the way, who was your brother?"

Aden looked behind him and answered her, "Metcalf." He then turned and walked out of the throne room.