28| "I-I don't know you."

━◦○◦━◦○◦━
𝗙𝗼𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗼𝘀𝗲 𝗳𝗲𝗲𝗹 𝗮 𝗯𝗶𝘁 𝗰𝗼𝗻𝗳𝘂𝘀𝗲𝗱:
•𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟔 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐰𝐨 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐖𝐚𝐫 𝐦𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐀𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐚 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐘𝐢𝐧 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐚𝐥𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐲 𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐮𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐝.
•𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐧, 𝐚𝐝𝐝 𝐚𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐨 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐚𝐭 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟕, 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐨𝐭𝐚𝐥 𝐨𝐟 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐖𝐚𝐫 𝐥𝐞𝐟𝐭.
•𝐘𝐢𝐧 𝐬𝐞𝐞𝐤𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐩𝐲 𝐚 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐖𝐚𝐫 𝐥𝐞𝐟𝐭, 𝐦𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐞𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐭 𝐚𝐥𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬.
━◦○◦━◦○◦━

╰┈➤𝐘𝐈𝐍 𝐏𝐎𝐕*ೃ༄

"Phi-P'Yin?" War's voice trembled, mirroring my disbelief at the unexpected encounter.

My heart raced uncontrollably and I blinked repeatedly as though trying to convince myself that this wasn't a dream. The person who had vanished from my life for four long years was now right in front of me.

"War..." I managed to utter his name, my voice barely more than a whisper, still grappling with the overwhelming shock of seeing him. He looked just as I remembered, perhaps even more stunning now.

An irresistible urge welled up within me, compelling me to reach out and touch his cheek, to confirm that this was indeed reality, not some phantom or illusion. But just as I moved closer, he stepped back abruptly, his expression a mixture of surprise and uncertainty.

Without a word, he grabbed his bag as if preparing to run and I could feel the desperation welling up inside me. I couldn't let him slip away again. Before he could make his escape, I stood up, my hand closing around his wrist, preventing his hasty retreat.

"Where are you going?" I asked, my voice a blend of confusion and desperation. It was baffling that he had suddenly appeared in front of me and now he seemed intent on disappearing once more.

War pulled his hand free from my grasp and hugged his bag tightly. His eyes darted nervously, much like they had when we first locked eyes. The familiarity of his mannerisms struck me like a tidal wave of nostalgia. He fumbled with his glasses, adjusting them with a slightly trembling hand, a telltale sign of his nervousness.

We stood there, just a few feet apart, our eyes locked in a silent exchange that spoke volumes. It was as if we had been caught in a time warp, transported back to the moment we first met when our worlds collided.

For a while, neither of us spoke as if the weight of our shared history pressed down upon us, rendering words unnecessary. I watched as War's gaze continued to waver, a mix of emotions flickering across his face, astonishment, disbelief and nervousness. It was clear that my presence had blindsided him, just as his reappearance had taken me by surprise.

I took a hesitant step toward him, my heart aching with the need to bridge the gap between us. However, he continued to retreat, putting more distance between us.

"Thank-thank you for saving me," he uttered, his head bowed as he spoke.

Desperation etched into my voice, I implored softly, "War, it's me...P'Yin.."

But he persisted in keeping his distance, refusing to meet my gaze.

"It's been... four years," I replied, my voice trembling with a mix of emotions. "I tried to find you, War. I—"