13| "P'Yin mean so much to me."

TWO WEEKS LATER

╰┈➤𝐖𝐀𝐑 𝐏𝐎𝐕*ೃ༄

Two weeks had passed and during that time, P'Yin had consistently evaded any contact with me. My attempts to reach out through messages and calls went unanswered. Whenever our paths crossed, he would promptly distance himself, refusing to even meet my eyes.

The friendship that once existed between us had eroded and it was painfully clear to me that I had made a big mistake. Remembering back on that fateful night, I wished that it had never unfolded in the way it did. Now, P'Yin's aversion to my presence was palpable and I could not shake the feeling that he must find me utterly disgusting.

I...I did not want P'Yin to hate me...

As the clock inched its way towards 10 pm, I made a way towards P'Yin's room, clutching a lunch box of homemade fried rice. I wanted to extend my sincerest apologies to him, desperately hoping for his forgiveness and a chance to put an end to the painful cycle of avoidance that had gripped us both.

I love P'Yin so much and I did not want to lose him...

As I stood there, my knuckles poised to knock on P'Yin's door, a sudden twist of fate intervened. The door swung open, revealing a scene that sent shockwaves through me. There stood P'Yin, his laughter mingling with that of an unfamiliar woman. Their joyous camaraderie struck a discordant chord within me as if the world had turned upside down in an instant.

The unfamiliar woman with her vivacious demeanor and curiosity in her eyes promptly addressed me. "Aww, that's your junior, right?" She asked P'Yin.

P'Yin's expression shifted from amusement to confusion, his brow furrowing as he looked at me standing there. I bit my lower lip, my heart heavy with a sense of impending dread. P'Yin, shirtless and there was a hickey on his neck, presented a damning tableau of the events that had unfolded behind that closed door.

My gaze instinctively dropped to the floor, unable to bear the full weight of their transgression. I knew...I knew all too well what they had been up to in his room. Tears welled up in my eyes, threatening to cascade down my cheeks but I fought to hold them back. I could not allow myself to break down in front of P'Yin, to let him see my vulnerability. If there was one thing I refused to do, it was to let him perceive me as weak, as someone who crumbled in the face of adversity.

The silence in the corridor stretched, heavy with unspoken words. P'Yin's gaze bore into me, a silent question hanging in the air. The unknown woman oblivious to the gravity of the situation continued to smile, evidently unfazed by the tension in the room. For sure she knew I had a crush on P'Yin because everyone in our university was already aware of that.

Summoning every ounce of resolve, I finally found my voice, though it trembled with an undercurrent of hurt and sorrow. "I...I made fried rice for P'Yin," I stammered, my voice barely above a whisper. The box I held in my trembling hands suddenly felt like an inadequate offering, a futile attempt to bridge the chasm that had opened between us.

P'Yin's expression remained inscrutable.

"Well, it's nice to meet you," the unknown woman chirped, extending her hand toward me with a friendly smile.

My silence seemed to amuse her and a smug smirk crept onto her face as she maintained eye contact with me. She seemingly satisfied with my discomfort, redirected her attention to P'Yin.

"Thanks for tonight, baby. I will go now. Don't forget to call me later," she said, leaning in to give P'Yin a quick kiss on his cheek. I bit my lower lip, my heart aching as I witnessed this intimate gesture between them. The sensation was akin to a dagger piercing through my chest.