8| "I'm happy with anything related to P'Yin."

╰┈➤𝐘𝐈𝐍 𝐏𝐎𝐕*ೃ༄

The following day, I met my friends, especially Fourth and asked them to apologize to War. But, they nonchalantly dismissed the incident, claiming it was just playful banter without any serious intentions. They said War was the only one who treated it as a significant matter, acting like it was a serious issue.

I let out a heavy sigh. "Just apologize to him. He returned to his room, drenched from head to toe, all because of your stupid prank," I said.

Fourth chuckled and playfully draped his arm around my shoulder. "What's the big deal, huh? Are you into that nerd?" His question elicited laughter from all of my friends, who began teasing me.

I pushed him annoyingly, my frustration evident in the force of my gesture. "What the fuck are you saying?" I grumbled, my irritation bubbling to the surface. "Of course I don't like him," I muttered, my voice laced with exasperation.

"Well, if that's the case, then why should we even consider apologizing to him?" Jimmy grumbled. "He's the one who's being utterly annoying. I mean, did you hear him? He was practically screaming your name like a crazy person on the field. It's embarrassing to have someone like him pining after you," he continued, his disapproval evident in his tone.

Annoying? In all honesty, I never perceived War as annoying, for this was not the initial occasion where he would appear on the field and fervently call out my name. In fact, he even attended my football practices, persistently cheering me on to the extent that my teammates began to jestingly refer to him as my significant other. Though their playful taunts endured, I never once requested War to stop as I believed his presence did not truly bother me.

I hissed. "Just apologize. It is not difficult to say the word sorry," I murmured.

━◦○◦━◦○◦━

After my class ended at 4 pm today, our group had made plans to gather at the dessert cafe near our campus and discuss our assignment. As I made my way towards my motorbike, my stride halted as someone called out to me, it was Reeya. I then motioned for my friends to go ahead without me, leaving Reeya and me alone.

"Yeah? Is there anything, nong?" I asked as she stood in front of me with blush cheeks.

"Emm...are you busy, phi?" Reeya inquiry shyly.

I looked at my watch. "I could say that I am. Why?"

"I...I want to go to the library near the faculty of engineering. Can you give me a ride, phi? You see, being new here, it's quite hard for me to move around without someone's help." As she finished talking, I could not help but raise an eyebrow.

Wow, is that woman into me? I mean, yeah I had not been seeking a romantic relationship but the countless confessions I had received made me quite adept at deciphering people's intentions. It was clear that this was just another strategy for her to get closer to me.

I smiled and patted her shoulder, the touch made her blush even more. Such a typical kid. "I'm sorry, nong but I never give a ride to someone," I said the truth.

I could not deny that I had a tendency to play around with people but there was a distinct line I drew when it came to extending certain gestures, like offering someone a ride. It was a gesture that held a special significance to me, reserved for those with whom I shared a genuine connection or affection. I firmly believed that this act of transportation should be bestowed upon individuals who had ignited a spark within me, those whose presence had stirred emotions and kindled a sense of familiarity. It felt inappropriate, almost disingenuous to extend such a favor to someone whom I had never truly felt any meaningful connection with.