23| "P'Yin is different when we are alone."

╰┈➤𝐖𝐀𝐑 𝐏𝐎𝐕*ೃ༄

I settled into the chair in the staff room of the cafe. P'Earth handed me his extra clothes, insisting that I change into something more comfortable after everything that happened earlier. With a grateful nod, I accepted his shirt.

P'Earth then knelt down in front of me, his eyes locking onto mine. "Do you have a problem with Yin?" P'Earth asked with an intensity that made me slightly uncomfortable.

I paused, my fingers momentarily gripped my shirt by the question. Perhaps, P'Earth had noticed the tension that had been growing between P'Yin and me. "It's-it's not that I have a problem with P'Yin. It's just that...I made P'Yin to become mad."

P'Earth's brow furrowed as he probed further, a mix of curiosity and concern in his eyes. "Mad? Why would you like someone like Yin if he treats you like that? He should communicate with you nicely if there's a problem, nong."

"I just...it's hard to explain," I replied.

P'Earth raised his eyebrows. "Try," he urged softly. "I want to understand."

I looked down at my lap. How could I explain the complex mix of emotions that had entangled me?

"P'Yin does care about me, I know he does," I replied softly, defending the person who had captured my heart. "But perhaps he has his own reasons for acting the way he does."

P'Earth did not seem convinced by my response. He leaned in closer, his voice dropping to a near whisper as he expressed his doubts. "I get that you want to see the best in Yin," he said firmly, "but I can't stand by and watch you get hurt. Yin's friends, they don't treat you with respect. They make fun of you, belittle you and he just stands there, doing nothing. How can you defend that?"

I felt a knot form in my stomach as I remembered the countless times I had been subjected to the ridicule of P'Yin's friends. P'Earth was right. It hurt and it had chipped away at my self esteem. But I could't abandon my feelings for P'Yin. I love him so much...

"P'Earth...it's complicated," I said, struggling to find the right words. "P'Yin is different when we are alone. I see a side of him that's caring and gentle. I-I believe in that side of him."

P'Earth's gaze remained fixed on me, his concern deepening. "I just worry about you," he admitted, his voice softening. "I don't want to see you hurt and it hurts me to see you suffer because of someone who may not truly appreciate you, War."

I appreciated P'Earth's concern but my heart remained steadfast in its affection for P'Yin. I knew there were hurdles to overcome and questions to be answered but I was willing to wait P'Yin until he forgive me...

I...I don't want P'Yin to be mad at me anymore...

━◦○◦━◦○◦━

As our part time shift came to an end, exhaustion weighed heavy on my shoulders. The dimly lit parking lot stretched out in front of me and I felt a sense of trepidation about the journey back home. A lot of things happened today.

Just then, P'Earth offered to give me a ride. The offer was tempting but doubts gnawed at me. I hesitated for a moment because I knew P'Yin had reservations about me getting too close to P'Earth. I didn't want to give P'Yin another reason to be upset with me. But before I could decline P'Earth's kind offer, he gently pulled my hand.

"It's getting late and it's not safe for you to go back alone," P'Earth said, his warm voice laced with concern.

Silence.

"O...Okay, phi..." Finally, I nodded, grateful for his thoughtfulness.

We began walking towards P'Earth's car, my hand still held in his firm grip. Just as I was starting to feel relieved, I noticed P'Yin standing not too far away from us. Our eyes met and he started walking towards me. His expression was inscrutable and a sense of unease settled in my stomach.