18| "I hope I will marry P'Yin."

╰┈➤𝐘𝐈𝐍 𝐏𝐎𝐕*ೃ༄

My heart pounded like a drum in my chest as I sat alone at the cafeteria, reading a message from War. My lips involuntarily stretched into a broad smile as his picture popped up on the screen. War sent a picture of him looking sleepy before his next class, making me chuckle.

"Hey, have you noticed something about him lately?"  Jimmy chimed in, his curious gaze locking onto my confused expression.

Startled, I quickly lowered my phone. "Huh? Something about who?" I stammered, attempting to mask the awkwardness that War's message had stirred within me.

"You, of course!" Jimmy exclaimed.

Mook, sitting across from me, chimed in with a sly grin. "Yeah, you have been acting all mysterious lately, disappearing on us and everything."

Fourth leaned in closer, his tone laced with playful teasing. "Come on, spill the beans! We all know you have got a secret lover hidden away somewhere."

Their playful assumptions made me choke my own saliva. "Stop being silly. It's not like that. I have just been busy with stuff, you know."

Mook's eyes twinkled with curiosity. "Busy, huh? Doing what, exactly?" She asked.

I struggled to come up with a convincing answer. The truth was, I had been spending a lot of my time with War and well...I started to show my real feelings to him, I guess. I treat him differently nowadays. It all stems from a profound revelation, the fear of him choosing another path, one that does not include me. As he began to create emotional space, misunderstanding my feelings as animosity, the emotions that gripped me were nothing short of tumultuous. The thought of him finding solace in someone else's arm weighed heavily on my heart, to the point where the pressure became almost unbearable.

Yes, I was beginning to prioritize War over my usual hangouts with my friends and perhaps more significantly, had stopped joining them at our favorite nightclub.

Fourth raised an eyebrow, a mischievous glint in his eyes. "Come on, you can tell us. We won't judge. Is it someone special?"

We won't judge? What bullshit to hear that. I know them well enough to know that they would judge me negatively and said I was disgusting if they found out that I have grown closer to War. This attitude is rooted in their belief that man and man's relationship is somehow distasteful.

This deeply ingrained bias had me trapped in a dilemma. On one hand, I was eager to foster that I feel something towards War. Yet, on the other hand, I found myself hesitant and apprehensive because I knew all too well that my friends would not hesitate to mock and ridicule me.

I let out a heavy sigh and stood up from my seat. "I will go now. See you guys in class," I said and walked away.

"Aww, our class is in an hour, Yinnn. You don't even eat anything yet," Mook said and I simply waved at them.

━◦○◦━◦○◦━

A soft chuckle escaped my lips as I stared at War wholeheartedly savoring his lunch, seated alongside me in the secluded space behind the hall. The serenity of our surroundings was accentuated by the absence of any other people, it was just the two of us.

War's animated chatter, a stark contrast to our tranquil surroundings filled the air as he could not seem to contain his excitement. "P'Yin won't believe it!" He said, his voice brimming with enthusiasm. "The lecturer praised me today during class!"

I leaned forward while smiling. "Really? What for?"

A wide grin stretched across his face as he recounted the story. "Well, we got our test results back and I scored the highest in the class! The lecturer even mentioned it in front of everyone, saying I had set a new benchmark," he said while grinning.