My First Share House - Male!Aqours Second Years x Reader

Growing up, when I thought of college, I never took shared living spaces into consideration. Sure, I thought that maybe I'd have to live in a dormitory for my first year. Have one, two roommates. But that would only be for a couple of semesters. Besides, I wouldn't be living there forever, right? I could probably find a place of my own afterwards after getting a job on-campus. Something cheap and small, comfortable only for me. So, it was whatever.

A very naïve thought on my part, let me just say that. Perhaps it hadn't occurred to me before that working while going to school at the same time isn't the easiest thing to do. Especially when you're a freshman whose schedule is jam-packed with classes each week. Even if I did have the energy to balance it all, I wouldn't even work enough hours to get much of a paycheck!

I was lucky enough to have gotten an internship during the last half of my second year, this internship being the sole reason I am able to live somewhat comfortably. As long as I have food and a bed, I ain't complaining. There is one catch though. The food and bed aren't just mine.

When I was told that I would need to stay in a share house to keep my internship (weird, I know, but I'm expected to be on-call for any tasks that I might be assigned), I thought everything would be fine. I had lived in a dorm building for all of my first and most of my second year of college prior to this. I had experienced using a community kitchen, a community shower, community everything. Surely, this wouldn't be so bad. At least, everything in a share house isfor the most partprivate. It didn't matter, because we'd all be girls anyway.

Or so I had thought.

You see, the resource people at my internship had failed to mention one thing: I would be the only girl in this share house.

-

When you move into the share house, you assume it's a boyfriend that opens the door for you. A boyfriend of one of your house mates, that is. You sigh internally but brush it away with a smile. Kind of a bad impression that this girl is making on you, letting her boyfriend answer the door. Especially when the rule poster at the door specifically reads 'No significant others allowed in the house.'

The guy is pleasant, offering a cup of juice and a seat on the couch. Again, what an impression that this girl is making. Making her boyfriend do all the hospitality work! Honestly, the best people end up with the worst people. It isn't until there's another ring at the door that alarms start going off in your head.

Because he goes, yet again, to open the door. And in comes two other guys. With bags of groceries. The light in your head goes from red to green, then back to red again.

Oh God, they all live here too.

-

You can imagine how well introductions went. I was too shocked to say anything cohesive. They probably thought I was hearing impaired, because I wasn't getting anything that they were saying. Thankfully, I was able to get the hang of everyone's names and personalities by the first week.

The one who opened the doorhis name's Yōsuke, Yō for short. He's a swimmer on scholarship at the university I go to. He's as nice as he looks, cooks extremely well. The only thing about him is that he has an issue with inviting peoplenamely, girlsover. I don't think he does it on purpose. I think he's just that nice of a guy that he has trouble saying no when girls ask to come over.