Feelings Realized, but Elsewhere - Male!Muse x Reader

Prior to joining the school idol club, his life had been very different. For one thing, he wasn't prancing about onstage singing songs about reaching your dreams. That was going to be something to look back on in the future, for sure. But there's another thing. You. He's always known you to be a very reserved and serious person. No-nonsense. That was the secretary part of you. But now, there's a school idol club manager part of you. And...she's actually quite cute.

-

Noboru Tōjo

Noboru's always been an insightful person. His mind and nature are no strangers to the matters of the spirit. And as a person who has dealt with such matters, Noboru naturally believes in soulmates. The truest love. Not everybody has one, as sad as that sounds. But Noboru's got one. And it's you.

It had been an insignificant evening spent at home when Noboru decided to go through his tarot cards. As unbelievable as it may sound, he wasn't really looking to reveal anything huge. The reading that had been something huge—well, he'd done it the night before. Muse's reading, that is.

  Of course, that special reading had involved Eliot, who was perhaps Noboru's only friend from school (or, actually, only friend in general). So at the time, it wouldn't have been any fun to do Eliot's. The only other person that came to mind then was you. The newly-added secretary to Otonokizaka's student body council. You were similar to Eliot in that you were socially awkward, often speaking only when necessary; and when you did speak, your tone was almost like that of a machine. Of course, you weren't as intense as Eliot; but the sentiment stuck.  Nevertheless, Noboru's interest was piqued.

So, Noboru had done your reading.

  Noboru remembers the way his brows shot up to the top of his scalp when he had finished your reading. You, of all people, were destined to become the caretaker of the Muses. Of him and eight other boys. That reading had been the beginning of a long road to discovery for Noboru. A road littered with sly glances and quiet observations.

He was—is—intrigued by you beyond belief. What is it that makes you so...special? What part of you fulfills the destiny of Muse? Noboru wants to know. He wants to talk to you, spend time with you, find a connection with you. Soon enough, you're all that occupies his mind, even well after the formation of Muse. So, he does another reading some few weeks later.  An especially hopeful one.

Noboru smiles softly to himself as he stares down at the two individuals on his tarot card. Beneath the individuals' feet read 'the Lovers.'  Relief fills him suddenly. "We're far more connected than I could have ever hoped for, Y/N-chan."

• Niko Yazawa

There aren't too many people in this world that Niko Yazawa cares for. Aside from his mother and younger siblings, Niko has no one. Well...not necessarily no one, but he'd die before admitting how much he actually cherishes the other members of Muse. Just imagining the stupid happy looks on their faces. Ugh, Niko could do without giving them that satisfaction.

However, to Niko's credit, there might be one person aside from his family that he would be willing to grant gratitude for his general wellbeing. As manager, you're a generally reliable person, and Niko's glad he has your assistance at his side. You're very easy to talk to, and that should be expected. But with the way his heart races every time you come close, he's not sure whether your presence is a good thing or a bad thing.

Niko apprehensively watches as you attempt to help him into his stage costume. The top button of his pink suit had snagged onto the rose pin attached to his lapel; he had moved to do it himself, but you—reliable as you are—jumped into action on his behalf.