A Seahorse - Male!Yō x Reader (Request)

Fish are a species that aren't known to engage in monogamous activities during mating season.  They typically have numerous partners throughout their lives and seek mates only for reproductive purposes.  In fact, the number of monogamous fish is so minimal that it could probably be counted with one hand. 

  In this way, people are much like fish, excluding the strictly reproductive intent behind mating of course.  We all know the real reason why humans tend to mate so often.  Tons of people even get married every single year; and the amount of divorce that often follows is almost laughable. 

Put simply, monogamy has never been a solid concept in humanity. 

Even as the years pass and the stigma that comes with having multiple partners rises, this fact still holds quite true.  It makes one wonder, why have fish on display at aquariums when human life itself is so similar?  Why not put humans on display instead?

  These thoughts are not quite common to have when browsing an aquarium, but there's a streak in you that can't help it.  Especially when you're walking hand-in-hand with your date for the day, a male classmate named Yōsuke Watanabe.  Well—classmate makes it seem like you two aren't close.  Middle school acquaintance turned high school crush might suffice.  Boyfriend is not a label quite used so deliberately in your situation, so let's leave that title for later.

  Either way, it doesn't matter, because you're already here at the local aquarium hanging out with the cutest boy in your year (most girls in your class would argue that it's Rikuo Sakurauchi who holds that title, but you don't care).  He's a gentleman, too.  The way he holds your hand gently has your insides fluttering and cheeks warming.  And his smile—oh, his smile!—when he turns to you to ask if you're having fun.

  For a moment, you forget the negative thoughts on fish that you were having just moments before and smile back. "Of course, I'm having fun."

  Yōsuke flushes at that, his free hand coming up to scratch the back of his neck nervously. "Really? It's not too boring? I know that we live in a place that surrounded by the ocean, so I was worried you'd think it was all boring."

  "Well..." you trail off, "doing anything with you is fun, if I'm being honest, so I don't mind."

  "R—Right," Yōsuke takes a breath, his grip tightening on your hand ever-so-slightly, "I feel the same."

  You internally squeal but keep your face as casual as you can. "Good."

  Yōsuke's grin returns to his face as the pair of you walk into a tunnel of glass, fish floating both above and below you. "I just personally feel a huge connection to this place, especially since I've started working part-time this spring break. So I wanted to share it with you."

  "Oh, you work here?" You tilt your head slightly, eyes scanning the huge manta ray that glides on the glass above. "What do you do?"

  "This is gonna sound embarrassing, but..." Yōsuke's cheeks turn red once again, "I'm actually the one who wears the Uchicchi mascot."

  You stop in your tracks and turn to Yōsuke with blinking eyes. "Uchicchi? As in...As in the big walrus?"

  Yōsuke bites his lip nervously. "...Yeah."

  You immediately swipe your hand away from Yōsuke's, pressing it to your nose.  The blood swirling in your head is making you dizzy, and the only one to blame for it is none other than the cute boy in front of you.  The same cute boy who's only gotten cuter after you find out what he does for some extra cash all five days of the week.

  Yōsuke seems to panic upon seeing your reaction, but he's quickly reassured when you all but hiss. "That's the cutest thing I've ever heard in my life. Ever."