Giving In - Male!Nijigasaki Idols x Reader

It's been hard. Lonely. But you were sure that you were doing the right thing. He didn't want you, and keeping your distance was the right thing to do. Right? It was, right? Honestly, the truth was that you hadn't been able to focus clearly on anything for weeks. He was just constantly on your mind. The most difficult part of it all was that you had to pretend you couldn't see him in your peripheral vision at almost all hours of the day. He was everywhere! From the clubroom to the classroom, it was like you had no safe space. Perhaps...you should quit the club? That would be the best thing to do. The only answer to all your problems.

At least, that's what you told yourself.

~

Kai Asaka

After the rather upsetting encounter with Kai where you said way more than you should have, you tried everything in your power to avoid him at all costs. More so than you had already been doing before. Of course, that's pretty impossible to do when you're the manager of the idol club. Luckily for you, the boys had decided to form sub-units for the upcoming joint Idol Festival; and that meant that you were given the choice to focus on only one of the three sub-units, specifically one without Kai as a member.

You clapped your hands with the beat of QU4RTZ's newest single, coordinating Emmett, Rinta, Kazuto, and Kanato as they danced to the music. When Emmett had initially mentioned to you that he and three other members of the idol club would form a quartet, you were all too eager to offer your help. Normally, you'd feel bad for dumping the rest of the club work onto Yu so suddenly; however, you just couldn't afford to face the root of all your internal problems.

  Dramatic much? Maybe, but you couldn't help the gnawing feeling in your stomach.

"You guys are doing great!" The smile on your face was enthusiastic, despite the fact that all four boys had collapsed in exhaustion around you. "I think one more go should suffice for today!"

"No...No more!" Kazuto grasped at your ankle from his position on the floor, his eyes desperate. "I can't take this any more!"

"A nap sounds lovely right about now." Kanato huffed and leaned his hands on his knees, struggling to take breaths.

Emmett held a hand to his chest. "I think it's about time we go home, we're all pretty tired out..."

  Even Rinta had the ability to look tired as he lay flat on his back next to Emmett, wide golden eyes staring at the sky with a heaving chest. You glanced at the time. 4:30 PM. Late, but not quite as late as you would have preferred. There was still about an hour left in your extracurricular duties; and if you took a break now, that would mean going back to the clubroom and helping Yu with the other members and their arrangements. You suppressed a wince at the thought and clapped your hands together.

"C'mon, guys! I know you can do it! I can really see the potential in having the best performance ever."

Gazes full of incredulous dread stared at you for a moment. Kazuto's eye twitched as he abruptly stood up, "Are you some sort of tyrant?" He then grabbed you by your shoulders and began shaking you. "This is the exact reason I wanted to be a solo idol, you mad woman!"

Kanato yawned, "Yeah, you're kinda starting to sound a lot like how Satsuo-kun used to when we were training as a group..."

Suddenly, you were racked with the realization of your zeal.  How could you have been so careless with the boys?  A frown etched your lips.  Still, you thought, the hopelessness bubbling in your stomach urged you to stay here and continue working. A cough sounded on the other side of you.  Peering down at the floor, you saw that Rinta was still completely tucketed out.  Poor Rinta.  You took a look at the other boys.  Now that you were able to survey them closely, you could see that they really were all tired. Your expression must have seemed especially troubled as you relented with a sigh.  From the corner of your eye, you noticed that Emmett was staring at you with a look you couldn't quite place.