The Boss

Part 1 The Boss

Arnav was delighted, to see his friends Aman and Anjali at RM. They were husband and wife. Arnav was packing his stuff for a Chennai trip.

"Hi, Anju..." Arnav smiled.

"Hi, Arnav, how are you doing?"

Anjali and Aman sat in front of him on the bed.

"Doing good Anju..." Arnav said while arranging his stuff in his case.

"Are you ready, ASR?" Aman asked.

"Almost"

"Aman said, you are going to Chennai to finalize a deal. That's why I came to meet you" Anjali said.

Arnav's hand stopped.

"Anju, I'm not going to settle down in Chennai. It's just a week trip" he said with a lopsided smile.

"I know... I came to you with an obligation"

Arnav stood straight.

"What do you want? Just ORDER me"

"I want you to give a job to my friend"

Arnav lifted his brows.

"That's all?"

"Yeah, that's all..."

"ok, done"

"Really?" Anjali shouted in joy.

"Yeah... when you ask me, how would I say NO?"

Anjali looked at Aman and spilled a victory smile.

"Don't smile at me Anju... this guy is so partial towards me. If I had recommended to someone, he would have become a wrathful ghost. But for you, he is ready to do anything..."

Arnav smiled and Anjali chuckled.

"He didn't even ask you whether the person is eligible to the post or not..." Aman sighed.

"If Anju recommend for anyone, the person would be eligible only. She won't recommend for ineligible person. I trust her"

"This is too much ASR. Will I recommend for an ineligible person? Don't forget Anju is my choice"

"That's the only matter in which you scored high marks" Arnav countered.

"Oh, really?"

"Then? Your vehicle(LIFE) is running only because Anju is your wife..."

Anjali laughed louder and Aman sighed.

Arnav, Aman and Anjali were college mates. Arnav and Aman were running a business. They were equal partners in the business. Yet, Arnav was always an upper hand and Aman never felt bad about it because he knew Arnav was capable to be one.

Aman and Anjali fell in love with each other when they were in college. At that time, Aman was just an upper middle class guy but Anjali was a rich girl. Anjali's parents didn't accept Aman who was not up to their standard. As usual, they faced the same problems every lover faced, status, cast, etc., etc.,

Anjali eloped with Aman and they got married. Aman faced tough time to get firm in his life. Anjali stood for him without giving up on him even though they faced a very hard time. Till date, Anjali never complained about Aman for anything. It was Arnav who stood for their friends.

Anjali's love for Aman was what made Arnav respect her. He liked her like his own sister. Even his own sister Lavanya didn't get such a place in his heart. He respected Anjali as his mother Ratna because of her TRUE LOVE.