37

Milile pov

Nqubeko : "Baby please."

Me : "I am already in trouble with dad for not being home the entire weekend baby, I can't risk him seeing me being dropped off by a man."

Nqubeko : "Okay, I understand." he says pulling me to him by waist.

Me : "Thank you." I kiss him.

Nqubeko : "I enjoyed our time together babe. Thank you for also risking by spending the weekend with me. I love you." I smile.

Me : "I enjoyed too." I peck his lips. My phone rings, it's Pule telling me she's outside.

Nqubeko : "Let me walk you out." He takes my handbag and follows me out. I am standing by the porch waiting for him, I don't know what is he doing inside.

Me : "Nqubeko!" he appears smiling.

Nqubeko : "Sorry baby. Here." he kisses me then hands me my bag and a slab of chocolate. I blush.

Me : "Thank you Ndamase." he chuckles kissing my forehead. We hear a hoot outside the gate so I hurry out then get in my sister's car. She drives off immediately.

Me : "Hey sissy." she smiles and quickly kisses my cheek.

Pule : "Hey my love. We in deep shvt." she says changing the gear, exhaling loudly.

Me : "I know right. Atleast he will kill us while we happy." she laughs.

Pule : "Hey! You not supposed to be making jokes."

Me : "We will just say we went to one of your friends or colleagues place, they had a party for the weekend." I suggest, she nods.

Pule : "Then we lost our phones only to find them now."

Me : "eish!" She finally drives in and parks the car next to dad's car.

Pule : "He's even home!" she is panicking for real next to me.

Me : "Calm down, you will even get a panic attack if you don't calm down." We walk slowly towards the door and it opens before we can open it. Mah stands before us and grins looking at our faces.

Mah : "Y'all look spooked." then she laughs. She hugs and kisses us.

Pule : "Where's your husband?"

Mah : "Come in." we walk in and walk to the lounge where we find Zamekile watching tv. Pule and I share looks when mah sits next to her. We greet then turn to hurry out the sliding door to our outside rooms

Dad : *whistles*  we freeze then turn to him slowly.

Dad : "Come back here."  He has a very scary look on his face. We walk back inside the lounge and take sits on one couch. Dad drags the ottoman and places it in front of us then sits.

Pule : "Babah." he smiles

Dad : "Senibadala nina manje la kwami?" he asks with a straight face.

Me : "Cha babah."

Dad : "Then where do y'all get the right to just disappear the whole weekend without telling me or your mom of your whereabouts?! Do y'all want to witness my anger?! Y'all want to see me angry?! huh?" His voice is laced with anger but he is talking calmly.

Me : "We sorry dad. We..."

Dad : "You both just want to stress me heh?!" he digs his nails on our thighs pinching us.

Me : "We are sorry babah!"

Pule : "Babah please!"

Mah : "WeNdaba, leave my kids alone. Didn't i explain why they weren't home?!" He lets us go and turns to mah with a warning glare.

Dad : "MaNdaba. I know when i'm being lied to! Don't make me a fool together with your kids!"

Mah : "You calling me a liar?!" Dad sighs and turns to us again.

Dad : "Next time, y'all ask permission and inform us. Y'all are both grown ups, learn to communicate. Don't act like kids because I will treat you like them, am i clear?!" we both nod.

us : "yes"

Dad : "Good, now kiss your father." he pouts, we both kiss his cheeks.

Dad : "Your mother is driving me crazy with her hormones yazi."

Me : "What is Zamekile doing here babah?" I ask after making sure she is nowhere nearby.

Dad : "She's visiting. Go bath then come back and cook." He says then walks away.