21

Milile pov:

It has been a week since that family big dinner went wrong. After dad disappeared, he... sorry I mean Ndaba. After Ndaba disappeared, he came back late at night and told me not to worry about seeing Jabu ever again. His words were scary, I'm not going to lie. Babo came to apologise and apparently Jabu was Babo's stepson. Jabu apparently has always had issues of feeling entitled to things ever since his early years and his mother spoiled him too much. He also said that Jabu was once accused of touching girls inappropriately in high school and when reports came to his mother, she would make her son not catch the flames and would instead bribe for the girls who reported him to be expelled from school. After his mother's death, Jabu became something else and was obsessed with Ndaba's late daughter. The late daughter apparently committed suicide because she was scared of how her parents would have reacted when they found out that she was not a virgin anymore. Ndaba though believes that Jabu is the one who killed his daughter because she had reported him for always harassing her. They then found out that Jabu was a drug addict and those drugs made him crazy so he started obsessing over Ndaba's late daughter. Jabu was helped out of his drug addiction while serving his sentence in prison. When he returned, he asked for forgiveness and swore to never do drugs again nor would he treat a woman badly so they forgave him and let him become a kid in the family again even though he was not theirs. He then moved to Cape Town cause he had gotten a job even though he had a criminal record.

______________
Mapule was taking me out today. I won't lie, having a big sister is very nice and I'm happy I also got to experience that. Also having a family that actually cares for you is really nice but foreign to me and that makes me hold back alot and I can't help it.

Mapule : "Where do you want us to go to?"

Me : "K'qala uzovuma?!" I ask squinting my eyes at her. She laughs

Mapule : "Yes baby."

Me : "Let us go chill in a coffee shop. Is there any coffee shop nearby?"

Mapule : "You my girl!!! I know just the right one." she says excitedly and drives off.

Me : "You sound excited." i say confused.

Mapule : "Girll! You just spoke my language." Well I am glad she doesn't find it annoying or weird but exciting. She finally parks the car in an underground parking and it seems like we in a mall that's near the beach. We both get out of the car, she locks it after we get our bags then we walk to the lift. The lift takes us straight to the upper floors of the mall. We walk to an exit

Me : "Did we have to go through such lengths just to go opposite the mall?!" she chuckles.

Mapule : "Yes, I needed a safe parking spot and the mall was the best place." she shrugs. We cross the road then walk in the coffee shop. The shop is so beautiful and has a peaceful atmosphere, almost the same as the one in Cape Town.

Me : "Can we sit by the balcony?!"

Mapule : "Sure. The view is perfect that side." The view from the balcony shows the ocean so it's good for me. A waiter attends to us as soon as we take our sits.

_____________
Mapule just left, she needed the loo. As soon as she returns we leaving. It is now 6pm and we both have been cooped in this coffee shop since 12pm.

"It's good to see you again." the smooth deep voice says. I look up from my phone and It's the guy from Cape Town.

Me : "Hi." I say smiling at him.

Guy : "May I?" he asks smiling

Me : "Uhm..." I dart my eyes around hoping to see my sister.

Guy : "I won't be long, I promise. I just would like to you something."

Me : "I'm listening." I keep my face straight. He clears his throat.

Guy : "Can I please take you out to dinner or lunch. Depends on whenever you can make time for me."

Me : "Uhm I don't think..."

Guy : "Please.. I promise to not bore you."

Me : "Fine then."

Guy : "Thank you so much! Can I have your number then please."

Me : "Give me yours." he chuckl then stretches his hand for me to hand him my phone.

Guy : "We both have each other's number now so if you don't call me, I will call you. Please don't ignore my calls." I chuckle. He smiles then leaves after thanking me. As soon as he disappears, Mapule comes back.

Mapule : "Who is that snack sis?!"

Me : "You took long!"

Mapule : "No, I just saw you with that snack then decided to give y'all some space." she says so casually while smiling.

Me : "Mcm. Let's go, I miss my father." she laughs at me. I really was missing my dad, Ndaba I mean. I guess it's because I have always wished to have a loving father more than anything, someone who wouldn't hesitate to protect me and Ndaba does it so effortlessly.