chapter 35

" So, what is the status of the work in london?" Meera's mother asked sipping her tea

" So, what is the status of the work in london?" Meera's mother asked sipping her tea. They both were sitting is the garden as today's weather was seeming very pleasnt giving the indictaion of rain.

" There were a lot of works pending, and the nature od work was very erratic, thank god i visited there on time. Otherwise, in  the next accounting year, we would've been facing a great oss." Meera replied taking a sip from her cup. 

"You know i was terribly missing your ginger tea." Meera said and smiled.

I knew it. Your father started flattering after i made him drink my hand made ginger tea. He used to come every next day before wedding, making some sort of excuse just to drink this tea. " Her mother said, reminiscing old times giving her a sense of nostalgia.

"You and Dad are just too cute. It seems after watching you guys that it is god made pair. The way dad supports you, take care of me and dev, the way you take care of him, it's so blissful to watch. " She said with a tint of appreciation and praisal in her eyes.

"I am indeed very lucky to get your dad as my life partner, and get a chance to spend my whole life with him. And i wish that my daughter too get,  a handsome, kind hearted and understanding man as her better half." She finished and meera smiled.

" I so wish that. But all these men are so rarely present in this world, And all these men make our standards to reach so high, that getting a green flag is almost impossible. " Meera dramatically said.

"I am very much happy that dev too got his better half. Kavya is a very nice girl. By the way when they are going to return from, Greece? " Meera asked.

" Next week, monday. " Her mother replied. 

Meera was itting, in her cabin, going through some mails

Meera was itting, in her cabin, going through some mails. When, she got a call from Agastya. After a week. Yes. But she chose to not take it, as it was causing her attention to break. But again, a call. And again she didn't lift it.

After finishing the work, she chose to head back home as it was evening now. And her brother and sister in law might had already reached home. Because her mother told that, by 6, or 7 they will be coming. And it's 7:30.

So, she ignited the engine of her car and headed back home.

After 15 minutes, she was there, in her home parking the car. She got off from it, and spotted another car too,  and not recognising it she entered inside.

"Hey, Meera. ", kavya exclaimed on seeing her, and immediately hugged her so did she.

"I missed you. How are you both? And how's your trip?" She asked,.

"It's was wholesome. I made him spent all his money, you know. " Kavya said chuckling and Dev scoffed, while Meera laughed.

"He deserved that. " She said.

"By the way, when you guys came?" She asked.

"Just an hour ago. " Dev replied.

"And who's car is parked outside? Has somebody came?" Meera asked,

"My parents. They just made a surprise visit and coincidencely just after our arrival. " Kavya said, and Meera smiled. Though she knew Agastya won't have came, because of his hectic work.

"Really? It's great. After months we are meeting. " Meera said, and Kavya nodded.

"You go and get frehsen up. I'll tell mom, you've arrived. " Dev said, and side hugged Meera so she did. And then headed to her room to get frehsen up.

After a quick shower, she was ready, in her white suit and she left her hair open. Applying moisturising cream on her body and face, she came out of her room and headed towards kitchen where she found her mom.

"Hey, mom. Malhotras, sudden?" She asked.

"Yes. They told us that they'll be coming, in a week or so. But didn't specify the exact date. And today, they thought it give us a surprise visit and also they've a day off today. " Her mother, Tapasya said, and instruct the househelp to prepare certain dishes, while Meera was fidgeting about asking her mother whether he also came or not.

"My presence,is necessary there? I'm really very tired. " she said her mother.

"Will it look good, if you are not present their,  being present in the house?" Her mother replied.

"Please say them no, I'll coming for dinner. And I've some meeting, that's why I'm in my room. Please. Please. Pleaseeeeee. " she requested and her mother glare her while giving a nod.

"Okay, but alteast go greet them. And then go back to your room. " Her mother said, and she nodded.

"Hello, aunty, hello uncle. Hi Bhai, and hi bhabhi. " Meera greeted, Adhiraj , Gayatri, Vivian and Smriti. Her eyes romaned through the hall, but she didn't get the glimpse of Agastya that provided a sense of satisfaction to her.

"Hey, Meera . How ar you? Haven't seen you since so long!" Gayathri, said, touching her head giving blessings when she touched their feet.

"I was in london just returned before a week. And just tightly caught up with work. " She reolied.

"Children these days. Same thing is with Agastya too. He rarely makes his presence in home. " Gayatri replied.

"But all this hardwork will pay off one day. So proud on our kids, aren't we?" Adhiraj, exclaimed and Abeer nodded with a proud smile on his face.

"Bhabhi, where's Ruhi?" She asked.

"She's with mom, and dad at home. They both had some work so they couldn't come. " Smriti said, and she nodded.

"I'm, just coming. I've an important mail to respond back. So." Meera said.

"Ya ya, go. Complete it first. " Adhiraj said, and she quietly returned back to her room. After a  while she thought to go on to terrace with her laptop, and she headed towards it.