Chapter 16

" Here, take this

" Here, take this." Meera said handling him the coffee mug which he swiftly took.

" Don't tell me now that you too are a black coffee lover. I mean for flex I can say someone yeah I drink that too, but the reality is it's yuck. " Meera said while sitting on the counter and sipping her coffee. While he was sitting on nearby chair.

" Sorry, but I'll say that. I drink black coffee only. But very few times. " Agastya said.

" And you find it cool? " She asked.

" Became a surgeon. And try to avoid black coffees." Agastya said and took another sip. He surely was liking it.

" No no. But you know I've always seen myself, a Cardiothoracic Surgeon in parallel world. My opposite side always wanted to be surgeon. Per khudper itna vishwas toh tha hi ki pata tha , nahi ho payega mere se ye. " Meera said and Agastya smiled.

" Do that again." Meera said, casuing him to raise him eyebrows.

" What?"

"Arey, smile. Like eeeeeee." Meera said, in an animated way.

" Stop being a kid Meera. You already are by the way. ", He said and she frowned.

" Why you're such a jerk?"

"Am i?" He asked arching his eyebrow while she averted her gaze.

" Don't be so nice to me. I'm not able to digest. Those golden words are still ringing in my years. " Meera said, sarcasticly while Agastya just sighed. He knew what was coming up to increase his guilt level more.

" What was that? Ya ya. Don't interfere. You aren't a family. You're life is golden plate. " She said, while oscilating her legs in a too and fro movement.

" First stop, doing that and secondly I've asked an apology for that. I'm sorry. And i do. Really." Agastya said, at first indicating at her legs which was casuing a noise, and then indicating at her sentences.

" Okay fine. I forgive you. " Meera said.

" Thank you so much for that. ", He replied.

" By the, way looking at you now nobody can remember the professional Meera. " Agastya said Remembering Vivian's word at her first visit to Malhotras. While looking at her now. The childish Meera.

Actually, that was the thing about Meera. Once she got comfortable around you you'll see the Meera. Actual one. Even in the professional world. But for that you'll to get a little close to her.

" Oh this. This is toh my usual form. See, you too are getting annoyed. Everyone does. "Meera said taking the last sip of her coffee.

"I'm not getting annoyed. But,why so?

" They want a person to behave nicely, professionally, should have 5 years plans ready before hand, talk nicely, walk nicely, eat nicely, and be a ideal human which I clearly am not. And can never be." Meera said and Agastya chuckled in response.

", I mean, I've never behaved that way in my life. And i don't pay any heed to these norms. That's why I act like a kid. Because i can't tame myself for being an ideal person." Meera said.

" That's the reason,for your denial. " He asked.

" 50 %. No one can handle me. I'm telling you. I'm so messed up, Agastya. And how can a mess walk into another mess?"

" Marriage is a big thing. Your life, your space, your family, everything will get divided, for which certainly I'm not ready at all. " He said.

"What if you fall in love? Then toh, that's person will no more be a stranger. ", She said and this shit him up. Because he never paid any heed to this aspect.

" Till 29, this didn't happen. And now, you think I'll get into this? " He said.

" Wait and watch. You'll come up saying Meera I'm getting drowing in the ocean of love." She said, and popped herself out of the counter only to lose her balance and fall on her side on the floor.

" Shit! " Said Agastya to bend and handle her.

" Clumsiest Person On The Earth." He commented a wincing Meera who was rubbing her arms.

" He commented a wincing Meera who was rubbing her arms