Chapter 4

"Kavya-Dev-da-Vyaah"

" What? Adhiraj Malhotra is your old friend? Dad, why didn't you inform us about this before?" Dev asked Abeer as he was also slowly grasping the shocking piece of newly found news

" Yess, dev. " Abeer replied.

" So when we are going to have a talk with kavya's family?" Tapasya asked, sipping her tea.

" Let's me have a talk with kavya first. Then I'll let you guys know. " Dev said.

" By the way, I don't directly supervise the work of everyone. That's why I've never noticed here. Also she's not under my supervision. " Abeer said.

" She was not even in this company. She was working in another branch, here only in Delhi. She got transferred under me recently. And that's when I met her. " Dev said.

" Our son has grown up, isn't he?" Abeer asked tapasya to which she laughed. And dev blushed.

" You two also fell in love guys. " Dev said in his defence.

" That's why we can feel how you're feeling at this moment. I'm pretty sure they'll approve this. " Abeer further said, and patted his sons back.

" Now only Meera has left. Look at your son. This guy is head over heels with kavya. And look at your daughter. 10 feet far away from the name of love. With whom she'll end up, Abeer?" Tapasya said shrugging.

" Don't worry. She'll end up with that guy who will cherish her. Who'll remove her prejudice and fixdity that she has set up in her mind. " Abeer said .

" After all she's your daughter. Ziddi toh hogi hi." Tapasya said.

" Don't pressurise her Tapasya. If she won't agree then also, I am ready to keep her with me my whole life. She's my own blood. She has never been a burden on me, inspite she's a part of my heart, a precious gift given to us by God. I'm little afraid now also, that how I'll be able to live without her, if she too find a guy. " Abeer said. His voice was hoarse whoing how much loving and proud he is of his daughter. Indeed she wasa precious gift to him by God, whom he want to cherish all his life.

" It's okay Abeer. I know and I can never ever pressurize her. I know she'll never need a man to fill the void in her life. She is capable of everything. Both of our child. But as a mother, like i got you, i want my Meera too, to get a life partner for her, just like her father who'll love her, cherish her. " Tapasya said with a lot of emotions in her voice.

" Guys, i know how much she denies, she'll end up with a great guy. The greatest one. Just like you both have dreamt of. Just like her, Meera Vyas. And finding a partner who's just like you, in each sense, capabilities, potential, qualities, one will need time. I'm also 29. And i got kavya now. She too will get her love soon, mom dad." Dev said, and released a sigh while getting up a little he hugged both his parents and they too reciprocated.

" I beleive you son. " Abeer said while he patted his son's back.

" So you talked to your Dev?" Vivian asked one he landed himself on kavya's bed mattress

" So you talked to your Dev?" Vivian asked one he landed himself on kavya's bed mattress. While beside her Agastya was seated leaning his back against the bedrest. While Smriti was sitting on the nearby couch with sleeping Ruhi on her lap.

" Yeah, I just had a talk with dev. He talked to his parents and they all are coming tomorrow evening. " Kavya replied.

" I still don't beleive that you're getting married." Smirit said with a small smile playing on her lips.

" Take, hit Vivian with this. You will start believing." Agastya said throwing a cushion towards smiriti.

" What a joke Agastya? By the way all the marriages are done in this house and only you're left. What say now? Kavya ke saath saath shaadi Kara den?" Vivian said while Agastya released a tired sigh and shook his head.

" My mistake. I won't tell habhi anything now. Just don't bring this topic ever again. " Agastya said lazily.

" Why don't you want to marry Bhai? See i was also like you before but then i found Dev. And my whole perspective turned upside down." Kavya said turning her head to he right having a look of her brother who was lazily half seating on the bed.

" You got dev right? Before him you too were in similaity with me. I haven't got anyone yet. But the difference is that, you wanted it to happen. But i, i will not allow anyone to enter into my personal space. I'm not comfortable with it. I can't change my feelings, perceptions, my things, my rooms, my world out of sudden with a stranger who would be called as my wife. It's easy for you guys, you can adjust. It's not easy for me. You know my temperament. You know how I'm. How will I share my space with her? Won't it be an injustice to her? I don't go with societal norms , never did i. Settling up doesn't require getting married, for me, atleast! " Agastya finally stopped after releasing his sudden outburst. He was literally getting pissed off day by day, with this behaviour each of his family member was pulling off.

While a long drop silence followed in the room. Smirit and Vivian looked at each other before looking at Kavya back. While Agastya momentarily closed his eyes before pinching the bridge of his nose. He rarely lose his calm, like this. And today, somewhere alteast those three people understood his point of view.