Chapter 25

Its been almost, a week since they returned

Its been almost, a week since they returned. And the things were totally changed. Meera was normal, like she was. But there Agastya had a terrible change. He was not able to stop thinking about Meera. And the feelings he was getting were definitely not the platonic ones.

"Huh!! What has happened to me? After two weeks it's the wedding already. We'll be meeting their. But why I'm getting so nervous?" He told to himself.

"What has happened to my brother?"  Smriti said coming inside.

" Wh..what? Nothing"

"Don't you shutter now! Common, tell me. I promise I wont tell anyone!" She said sitting beside ehim kn the couch and looked at him.

"What, bhabhi? It's nothing. I'm saying toh " he said.

"Who's that person, Aggy whom you'll be meeting, in wedding?" Smriti said.

"Smriti, no Aggy. Please!"

"Smriti? Bhabhi bolo"

"You stop saying that!" He said.

"Arey, tell me no. I know something is happening with you. What happened in Paris?" She asked.

"Look, whatever im going to say, don't tell anyone." He said, sitting on the mattress while Smriti was sitting on the couch.

"Kabhi bataya hai tumhari baaton ko maine? Tumhe Jo kehna hai, khul ke Karo. Im here." She said and smiled while he too.

"I think, im developing some sort of attraction towards Meera. Like, i consider her as my friend. Not more than that. I guess, I've never had  any female friends. May be that's why!" He said.

" hmm, and?"

"An..and, I guess I might not end up going further. I want to stop this."
He said.

"Why? Confront yourself, your feelings. She's a very good girl Agastya."

"I know. I know. And she has experienced a failure in relationships. I can't be the other one. It's difficult for me to change my thoughts. You know. And, im so so hardly attracted towards her. Like, the way she talks, how lively she stays, her confidence, her everything. " he finished while looked at smriti, who was looking at him lovingly.

"What?"

"You know , i too was like this for Vivian. "

"What? Im not gonna marry her."

"Am I saying?"

"But it's seeming."

"Achcha, tell me more. "She asked.

"About?" He retorted.

"About her;
She said, giving a patt in his forehead.

"The first time I saw her was on the dinner. That time, I thought she's not easy to get friendly with. And had a lot of attitude. But, when we again met, i , actually, shouted on her unnecessaraliy. Then, during engagement we patched up, and thodi bahut baat cheet shuru ho gayi. Then after a frequent visit and that , Paris plan, we became very good friends. She's a great girl bhabhi. Very strong, passionate, independent and smart. And I'm truly get inspire due to her sometimes. She too knows something is happening, between us. And I too. But we both are taking it all slow. "He said.

"That way you are admiring her Agastya, I can feel, how good she is. And how grateful you are to get her. Just one thing, that try to change positively for your loved ones. Time isn't constant. It's passing day by day. It's not easy for her to get into next relationship, but if she tries, promise me you'll too. You'll not backout. You'll acceot your feelings. Atleast have faith, have faith on your friendship. You'll not mess up. And she too will not invade your privacy. You both will share something together. If it's friendship now, jaan laga deni hai dosti ke liye. aise dost jaldi nhi milte. But never backoff. She might not accept her feelings that easily. And if that case, your responsibility will get double, to handle her . And you can do it. I know. Just, accept whatever is coming your way. Don't ignore them. And for now, go and meet her. " Smriti said. And realisation hitted him hard. Whatever smriti told, was right. Indeed hell right. And he made his mind. He'll not backoff. He can't. He will go with the flow.

"Thank you." He said, to Smriti who, caressed his head.

" You're my small brother. Anything for you, handsome boy." She said.

"Am i?"

"What? Your Meera never told you?"

"Whatt yaar, bhabhi. No way!! What's, your Meera?" He said, scowling.

"Awwwwww. It's so fun teasing you." Smriti said controlling her laugh while he too smiled, at last.

"You're blushing? Really? " Smriti said, while Agastya just shook his head.

"Stop it man!" He said and left the room hurriedly.