Chapter 1

"Malhotras naal Jaan - Pehchaan"

" Ruhi, come here. No more tantrums. Otherwise I won't let you play today. " Smriti was saying this while holding a bowl filled with grains, coming towards ruhi who was hiding behind and the sofa on which her both grand mothers were seated, Gayathri and Sheetal.

" Arey, what happened?" Sheetal said, holding Ruhi"s arm and lifting her up to make her seat on her lap.

" Mom, what should I do with this girl? Both your sons have spoiled her to no extent. And kavya pays no heed to it. I'm, literally running behind her from past 15 minutes holding this bowl. But she's not listening to me. And do what what she has done in school?" Smriti said saying the complaints of her adorable yet mischievous daughter.

"What?" Gayathri asked.

" Madam has beaten up a boy in the school. And why because he broke her pencil box. " Smirit said releasing a tired sigh.

" Mama, it was my favourite pencil box. Barbie one." Little ruhi whined on her grandmother's lap and jumped out to go.

" Ruhu, no beta. Beating anyone is harmful." Gayathri tried to make that little girl understand.

" Where's chachu? I want to go to him. You all are bad." Ruhi whined and stomped out on her feets.

" Your chachu-"

" What happened to my princess?" A deep, intimidating voice came behind the entrance. Everyone turned their gaze to that side only to find Agastya and Vivian coming. Vivian waas on his phone taking an important call while Agastya extended his feets towards ruhi who was standing beside the table lamp with a pout on her lips. Putting his coat which he was carrying in his right arm , on the nearby couch seat, he bended a little up to Ruhi s level. And uplifted her in his arms.

" Chachuuuu, see mamma and dadu is scolding me. " She whined, again encircling her little arms around his neck while Agastya felt a sudden rush of relief absorbing in his each vein. A sense of comfort, contentment and happiness.

" Bhabhi-"

" First listen waht madam has done. Ek toh she doesn't eat her meals now days and on the top of that she has beaten a boy in her class. And why, because he broke her favourite Barbie pencil box. " Smriti said hoping that this time Agastya doesn't take her side.

"What? Are you fine ? He doesn't harm you right?" Agastya asked, cupping Ruhi's cheek while she nodded negatively.

" Who was that boy? Why didn't you guys complained?" He further inquired.

" Agastya? You are supposed to scold her rather than taking her side. " Smriti said in disbelief.

" Bhabhi, scoldings aren't meant for kids. And she's just five. Today that boy broke her things , what if tomorrow he try to harm her? And don't worry, I'll make sure she'll eat her meals. " Saying, this he caressed her temple and signalled smriti to give the bowl to him which she did.