16 | Barbie

Evelyn's POV:

*FEW HOURS LATER*

My heels clicked and clacked on the floor as I tried to be as careful as I could, waking down this long hallway.

The sun had fallen, and now it was pitch black outside.

Me, June, and Elena were going to the club for some much needed dancing and drinking.

I don't drink that much. But after these last couple of weeks, I desperately need something to take my mind off things. Whether that be Brady and his charms or Kane with his arrogance and lies.

My mind hasn't left that night after it happened.

But that night, after I cried myself to sleep, wondering if the things he said were even true, caused my anxiety to rise so bad.

I didn't know his reasoning behind it either. Why did he say those things and why he broke my heart into more pieces than one.

I was wearing a red dress that was practically skin tight as it was a little more short than my mother would like. Hell, she would probably disagree with almost every single thing I have on right now. From my strappy black heels to my red lipstick, I would say she would have some choice words for me right about now.

Which is why I am trying to get out of this damn castle without her knowing.

As far as I knew, my mother and father were sleeping soundly, as I am pretty sure they have a big meeting tomorrow.

My blonde hair was down in waves, as I did my best to try not to get caught.

Finally, when I made it to the steps, I practically skated down them as I glided myself out the door.

****

Kane's POV:

I sat at a nearby table as I watched Evelyn and her friends dance the night away on the dance floor.

From her red lipstick to the red dress that curved in all the right places, I was about to explode.

She was lucky I let her go out of the castle like that. But after she didn't even try to argue with me about it, I got pissed.

She was already 4 shots in, I am pretty sure, unless she has snuck some drinks behind my back, and I was starting to get worried and angry.

The way she moved her hips from side to side as she danced and the way her drunk smile reflected off the lights, or maybe it was the way she was laughing and genuinely having a good time with Elena and June that made me happy.

But she was a vision.

A dream that any man would WISH to possess in his clutch. But she was mine, and especially after these last couple of weeks of not speaking to her, I am about to jump off a fucking cliff.

If you would have asked me 2 weeks ago, what she was to me, I would have said a client.

I would have said, what could you possibly mean? She is only a person in my life.

But now, she is so much more to me. She is the object of all my desires, and the one person I crave in this world.

But I was about to lose my shit by the way she was swaying her hips from side to side, and the way her fingers were running through her hair.

Their were no words to describe her beauty. No words at all.

If only she could see me for me, than she would know just how bad I am for her.