47 | Romeo & Juliet

Evelyn's POV:

We continued to dance, as I kept looking over Brady's shoulder, to see if others were staring and they in fact were.

Judgemental as shit.

I felt my chest began to heave up and down, as worry began to set in.

"Hey." Brady whispered.

My eyes looked up at him, as our movements were small and slow.

One foot after the other we continued to move.

"Don't look at them. They don't matter."

My lips parted as I nodded slightly.

Brady continued to look down at me with a deep stare, as we both just continued to look into one another's eyes.

My dress began to swoop behind us, as our hips and legs continued to move.

And suddenly the part in the music came up, when we had to switch partners.

But before Brady could switch me parnters, he bent down and whispered in my ear.

His whispers traveling down my spine.

"I hope you are able to enjoy at least one ball." Was all he said before he spun me around.

What? I don't-

I felt my hands being caught by the next person, as my vision began to come back.

But I didn't even have to look up, I recognized the way his hand felt on mine.

I recongonized the musky smell of his cologne,

"Angel."

His voice sent Shivers down my spine, almost making me want to breakdown right here.

Kane.

My eyes looked up, as they met with his immediately.

My lips parted as I felt my eyes began to tear up slightly, but I did my best to hide them.

People immediately began to whisper louder, as I felt there stares at me and Kane.

His tux hugged his muscles so well, as his brown fluffy hair, sat in his natural form.

I looked over beside us, as Brady was staring right at us.

I gave him a small smile, as he gave me a single wink, before regaining his attention on his partner.

"What are you doing here? You are not supposed to be here?" I whispered as we continued to dance.

"Long story."

My face continued to look up at him awe.

"You can't be here. If my parents find out-"

He shook his head. "I don't care."

My eyes blinked as those threw words came out of his mouth.

He needed to care.

Because as far as my parents were concerned, they made there threat firm and clear.

My eyes began to search for them, as I suddenly found them, standing on the podium at the very top of the stairs.

They were both talking to some people from the party, as they both stopped and looked down at me and Kane.

Both of their faces were shocked, as my mother looked slightly angry.

I shook my head, as me and Kane continued to dance.