46 | Pull Me Close

Evelyn's POV:

I was currently standing in front of my mirror, while both of my maids worked on my dress, and added finishing touches to my look.

Tonight was the last ball of the season, thank God.

I haven't been seen in public since the whole incident, so I was really nervous.

My anxiety has been creeping on me ever since Elena and June left a few hours ago.

I honestly wish that they were still here.

I was wearing this pretty silk, pink ball gown, with a tiny bit of cleavage at the top, but not too much because I didn't want to seem "improper"

It was held up with spaghetti straps, as they tied in the back, making a criss cross pattern, all the way to the lower back.

It had a tiny bit of a train, but not a massive one, to the point that people would be tripping over it.

I paired it with a pair of tan strappy heels, as my hair was put into a bun, with braids on either sides of my head.

Pieces of hair hung down at the side, as my makeup was done lightly.

I didn't feel like wearing anything heavy tonight, but unfortunately my mother insisted, that I did when it came to my tiara.

It was a silver crown, with small pink gems embedded throughout.

It matched my jewelry perfectly.

I couldn't even get myself to smile. I just wasn't happy. I didn't FEEL happy.

And not even because of Kane being gone, but also just realizing how much my life really sucks.

Yeah, I have what almost every girl wants. A crown, a fantastic house, a wonderful wardrobe, but what they don't seem to understand is that, this all comes with a cost.

It comes with being lonely all the time, never being aloud to go anywhere without getting bombarded with paparazzi and cameras practically shoved in your face, your parents constantly being pain in the assess.

Suddenly a knock at the door startled me, causing me to jump back to reality.

My door creaked open, as in stepped my mother and father.

My mother's arm was laced around my father's, as they both walked in side by side.

My father was wearing his traditional tux, while my mother wore a typical laced out, light purple gown, her hair was also tied back into a bun, as they both looked down at me and smiled.

My face on the other hand stayed the same, emotionless, and numb.

"Evelyn. You look beautiful." My father said.

Nothing.

As soon as the room went silent, and my expression stayed the same, my mother looked at me as she narrowed her eyes in concern.

"Evelyn? Are you ok?" She asked.

My eyes meant with her. As I still didn't say anything.

My maids began to leave the room as I started to follow. 

"Let's just get this over with." I said as I passed them.

Both of their heads turned and looked at me as I continued to walk past them, and not dare utter a word.

****

As soon as we arrived to the Mansion, I began to walk up the steps, to the palace.

Cameras clicked, and flashed our way, as they continued to take pictures of me and my family.