34 | Vacation

Evelyn's POV:

I woke up this morning, for some reason, completely drained.

It was like my brain was out of it and had absolutely nothing to say.

I sat in my office once again, answering emails and writing letters, especially one back to Brady.

I had a meeting today as well with some of the other royals, which went so slow.

I just couldn't wait to get out of there, to be honest.

The weather was gloomy, and so was I.

Currently, I was standing on my balcony.

My arms rested on top of the marble railing as I looked at the gardens.

My ankles were crossed beneath me as my hair slightly blew in the wind.

I sighed out, trying to get a taste of the fresh air.

I suddenly heard my door close to my room as my head looked back.

Kane began to walk near me as he looked at me with suspicion.

"So. Why have you been acting down today?"

He walked outside as he stood right next to me.

My eyes blinked slowly. I needed a nap.

"Just tired." I replied with a small smile.

He nodded once. "Right."

My eyes narrowed slightly as I smiled at him with a cheeky smile. "What are you up to?"

He shrugged his shoulders as he suddenly reached into his pocket and pulled out a folded piece of paper.

I looked at the paper with suspicious and caution. "What is this?" I said as he reached out the paper in front of me, waiting for my hand to grab it.

I grasped the object in my hand as he looked down at me with a smile.

I began to unravel the piece of paper as I began to read the top of it.

After about 15 seconds of reading it, my head shot right at up and looked at him with shock. "Are you serious?"

He chuckled. "You have been so busy and so stressed lately, I figured you could use a good break."

My mouth stayed wide open, as my eyes searched him with aw.

"Of course, if you are unable to go, I can always -"

I didn't even let him finish before jumping into his arms. I wrapped my arms around his neck as he put his arms around my waist, pulling me closer, tighter.

I let go as I jumped up and down slightly.

"You're taking me to Jamaica!"

He laughed once more.

My teeth shined through my lips as I held the paper for the tickets in my hand tightly, making sure to not let go.

"Yes, angel, you deserve a break. Plus, your parents think it's a great idea to let you out of the house."

Mom and dad actually agreed to let me go? That's a change.

"Thank you so much, Kane. I really can not say enough words, but how grateful I am for this."

He sat his hand upon my cheek as he gently caressed his thumb on my skin.

My eyes looked up at him for only a few seconds before he dropped his hand.

He sighed out as he looked down at the ground and then quickly backed up at me.

"Now, you better go pack. Because our flight leaves early tomorrow morning. "

I couldn't help but smile and squeal again as I turned around to walk away before earning a small smack on the ass from Kane.

This vacation was exactly what I needed and more.