Chapter 8

She could smell the fresh lime fruit from his body that is mixed with a cigarette scent. The sunlight makes his body somehow looks golden, it helps him to look gentle.

It’s been two months since their last meeting. Duan Jia Xu’s hair is cut short. Sang Zhi feels he is taller than before, though she doesn’t know whether it’s her mere illusion or not.

He is still looked undisciplined and dazzling.

Sang Zhi’s heart beats so quick.

Because of his words, she is lacking in self-confidence like she is doing deeds that troubles her conscience. She is anxious that she doesn’t know where to put her hands.

After quite a time, she passes the doll back to his hands. She says: “I didn’t know it’s yours.”

Sang Zhi lowers her head and shifts her body because she is embarrassed.

She doesn’t get his reply, she just points at the box in the rear of the vehicle. She explains seriously. “I come to help Ge Ge to move in. I see that there’re things inside this so I want to help him to bring it up.”

She waits for several seconds but he still says nothing.

Sang Zhi hesitates for a while and adds: “If I know that the doll is yours, I will not help to take it.”

“….” Duan Jia Xu’s brows move. He straightens his back and repeats her words once more. “If you know it’s me, you will not help to bring it up?”

Sang Zhi immediately nods: “Of course I’ll not.”

“You said that ‘of course I’ll not’?” Duan Jia Xu says lazily, his tone sounds like he is criticizing her. “Xiao Hai (little kid), do you have any kindness in you?”

“…….”

When she takes it, he says that she is a thief. But when she doesn’t take it, he says that she has no kindness.

This man is too apt to change.

Duan Jia Xu says again: “Do you forget about the time Ge Ge helping you big time?”

Sang Zhi feels unhappy and hums: “I remember.”

“Then shouldn’t you treat me better?”

Sang Zhi looks at him and says nothing.

Duan Jia Xu laughs lightly and doesn’t tease her anymore. He passes the doll back to her. “If you like it, just take and play it.”

Sang Zhi moves her right hand to take it but suddenly she remembers that he said “do you like me?” . She cancels her intention to take it. She doesn’t dare to take it.

“You don’t want it? Then I’ll throw it away?”

Sang Zhi finally takes it.

Duan Jia Xu finds this is hilarious. “If you want it just take it. Xiao Hai shouldn’t be so difficult.”

Sang Zhi is unhappy to hear it. “You said before that I am a little thief.”

“Ge Ge is joking with you.” Duan Jia Xu takes the books on the trunks and closes the door. “Let’s go, let’s go up.”

Sang Zhi follows him and says nothing else.

Duan Jia Xu glances at his phone for a while and asks her. “You are unhappy?”

Sang Zhi keeps on being quiet.

Sang Zhi says honestly: “This doll is very ugly.”

“Ugly?” Duan Jia Xu raises his eyebrows and looks at it: “I think it’s look okay.”