(being rewritten, old) Chapter 50: Hiss Hiss, Bang Bang, Part 2

I felt myself get crushed in a tightened hug. As a giant black shape crashed into me. I groaned as i was squished. 

"Love, you are crushing him. " a voice said, as I was dropped. I fell to the floor and coughed. 

"striga?' I asked as striga looked down at me. worry filled her eyes before she saw something. she grabbed me and pulled me close. "Pup, your eye," she said with concern before morana walked forward. "Love, put him down, it's clear he's tired," she said softly, making striga slowly put me down. I looked up at them but then morana spoke, "It is you, isn't it y/n?" she asked.

I nodded slowly. "Yeah, I... i think so." I said softly, reaching up and feeling beneath my eye. morana nodded as I spoke. "Managed to get some space away from... the monarchs. for now." I said, looking away. 

the vampires looked at each other before back to me. "How did you escape? I wouldn't think the monarchs would have just let you go." I heard Lenore speak. I turned to her, as she and Hector walked over. Lenore looked tired, having dark spots under her eyes and her hair was rather un-kept. Then, my eyes drifted to Hector... he looked mostly the same but in more ragged clothing. but then, i saw it.

A silver and golden hand rested where his left hand was meant to be.  (just the hand and a bit of the wrist)

  (just the hand and a bit of the wrist)

he saw me looking and chuckled, "Guess we match, huh, kid

he saw me looking and chuckled, "Guess we match, huh, kid." he said with a laugh but I kept staring. did... did he get this when Baran attacked? I felt guilt eat up inside me, clenching my fists tightly.

i then turned to Lenore, "I didn't, managed to convince them to... let me out. to 'clear my head'." i said before ¥̴̣͙͍͙̥̊̄͛̍̊/̵̡̺̰̠̋̆̏́͋ͅñ̵̛͚̫̫̯͚̈̓̒̑ began pushing in my head. I sighed, letting him take over. 

"W̸e̷ ̶m̴a̴n̴a̸g̵e̷d̶ ̸t̴o̴ ̶c̶o̶n̸v̸i̸n̷c̷e̸ ̷t̴h̷e̴ ̴m̶o̴n̷a̴r̷c̷h̸s̴ ̵t̷o̸ ̷l̴e̴t̶ ̵u̵s̷ ̷o̶u̶t̴,̶ ̸t̷o̸ ̶c̴l̶e̷a̵r̴ ̷o̵u̵r̴ ̵m̷i̷n̸d̶s̴.̶ ̶t̶h̷e̸y̸ ̵N̴E̵E̵D̵ ̵u̶s̶ ̷a̸l̸i̴v̷e̸,̴ ̶t̷h̷e̵y̴ ̸c̴o̷u̴l̸d̴n̵'̷t̶ ̶r̵i̵s̵k̴ ̴i̵t̶.̸ ̶e̴s̷p̴e̷c̵i̴a̶l̵l̵y̴ ̷w̴h̷e̸n̸ ̵t̶h̷e̷y̶ ̶a̷r̸e̵ ̶s̷o̶ ̸c̴l̵o̸s̴e̸ ̵t̷o̶ ̶t̵h̶e̶i̵r̸ ̴g̷o̵a̵l̵.̸ ̷" he said but striga was already on the attack. she charged, grabbing me by the throat and slamming me into a wall.