(being rewritten, old) Chapter 42: Escape from the Darklands Part 1 (short)

an: side notice, the transcripts for season 2 are incomplete, they are not great either. so, working on this chapter was a bit of a pain. I don't want to judge, but this was not a great transcript. it was just the captions written down. no describing what the characters did only what they said and no context. which made it difficult to fully write out scenes. 

 which I kinda relied on to write accuratly. so working on this meant looking back and forth and back and forth from the episode and back to my computer. then going back in case I missed anything. and all sorts of things. ah well, I'll be fine. just a little extra work. 

 also, the episode was a bit, short on stuff to work with. so, I got this first bit done quite quickly. The next part will be quite interesting. 

anyway. onto the story:

+++++++++++++

I was now in trollmarket. it had been a few days since jim had gone through. I was currently resting up. Claire and Toby worked to pretend to be jim so Mum wouldn't notice. While I kept track of any activity. i had not adorned my armour in a few days, the broken state of it was concerning, the shoulder pads had been broken, my helmet was missing a section, the hole in the torso was so open, i could just be stabbed through it. The amber sealed them partially, but i didn't feel comfortable without the full set. so I intended to go and find somewhere to get it repaired. i thought of Atlas at first, perhaps Hector could fix it since he was there. 

i shook my head, no, I already put them at risk before. I'll find somewhere else. I looked back to my scroll, I had gotten updates from Neon and flynt. clover also texts occasionally, just to inform me of the current state of things. 

So far, the monarchs seemed silent. I hoped the death of Baran had thrown them off for now. I wasn't certain about it, but it seemed to keep things quiet, for now. I remained in Blinky's library, trying to read up on all the monarchs, the different species of monsters and all the other things. 

blinky was nearby, rambling and rambling for ideas. while he mumbled, turning to the stone body of aaarrrgghh. "Then, Tobias and I riding in on the Vespa, in blazing fury, obviously using Claire's shadow staff's temporal portal ability. Aha! Yes! I believe this could work. What do you think, old friend?" he turned to the stone statue that was his friend before pausing... "No, you're right. That can't work. A shadow staff cannot cross into the Darklands. So, the question remains. How does one open the bridge to save the Trollhunter when one needs a Trollhunter to open said bridge? The quandary is confounding. Think, Blinkous, think!" he shouted at himself, mumbling and shaking. 

"Any luck, Blink?" Claire said as she walked in

"Any luck, Blink?" Claire said as she walked in. She looked tired, same with Toby. 

"Per usual, I'm never short on plans, but a working one? No. I must say, it is most frustrating to find oneself without any options. What about you, Tobias? Any fortune with the fetch?" he turned to Toby but Toby shook his head.