Chapter 20: The Battle of Two Bridges part 1

I stood at a distance, watching the house. Morgana's voice filled my head. "y/n, you ok?" she asked. I sighed, "no, Jim got hurt again. I... failed again. I had that damn necromancer down for the count, and he still got away." I clenched my bony fingers tightly. "I got distracted, too caught in the fight and Jim was hurt," I said, looking down at the road down below. Morgana gently spoke, "you can't blame yourself, you are one man. You're not a one-man army, you make mistakes, but that's normal." morgana gently comforted me. Suddenly I felt my phone vibrate. I suddenly got a text, "bro, in the house, need to talk." it said from Jim.

so I hopped down, making sure no one was watching before making my way into the room. My clone was sitting on the bed reading till he looked up at me. I placed a hand on his head, absorbing his memories of everything before he crumbled into to dust. "thanks for the help buddy" I whispered as he put a thumbs up.

I slowly made my way down the stairs. luckily mum was gone, so she wasn't seeing me. I removed my jacket and glasses, and I saw Jim and Draal waiting in the kitchen "hey bro!" I said as I walked down.

Jim looked at me sadly. "bro, um, Bular and Strickler captured Blinky. they want me to open the bridge." I looked at him and squinted. "don't tell me you plan on going." I said, looking at him.

Jim remained quiet before speaking, "I go, I can't just abandon BLinky." he said as he began to rummage in the drawers of the kitchen. but Drall spoke. "Why do you need to go it alone?" he asked, looking at Jim

Jim sighed. "Because this is the only way it will work. You have to trust me on this, Draal."

I shook my head, "We do trust you, but you're going to be walking into a trap." I said, nodding at Drall. Who also spoke, "You are walking into a den of death. For what? Blinky?"

Jim however, nodded. "I'd do the same for you." That simple sentence had caused Draal's yellow eyes to raise, shocked that the fleshbag had admitted to something so personal. I looked at Jim who then spoke to Drall. "Now, do you remember what you're gonna tell Toby and Aaarrrgghh when they start to wonder where I am?"

He opened a few drawers on the nearby desk, Draal growled but Jim's excitement cascaded over it. "Aha! Here it is!" he said, sliding something into my bag before looking at me. "Bro, I don't plan on going alone. I want you to follow quietly, keep out of sight till my signal, you are my trump card, it's clear that they fear you for some reason" he said to me as he pulled his bag on.

I followed Jim as he walked to the garage, with Drall following. Jim grabbed the Vespa, making me snort, remembering how he was supposed to return it. This small memory slightly lightened the mood till Jim spoke. Jim looked at Drall, "If anything goes wrong if it means anything, I love you, bro." he said to me, pulling me into a hug before looking at Draal. "And, I hope you're the next Trollhunter."

Draal however, simply shook his head. "And I hope it won't come to that," he said we watched Jim drive away. I looked at drall for a moment, "drall, I know I might be asking much. but if something happens to me, I want you to protect Jim. make sure he doesn't do anything foolish." I asked sincerely, gripping my skeletal hand tightly. Drall looked down at me, "I will not promise that," he said. I looked up but he continued smiling, "because nothing will happen, you are strong, We will fight in this battle together" he offered his hand to me. I smiled gripping it and shaking his hand. "thank you Drall," I said with nodded before sprinting away.

__________________________________________________________________________

Leaping across the rooftops, I followed Jim all the way. Watching as he eventually reached the Museum. With strickler beginning to speak to him. I felt morgana suddenly speak, "y/n, this is it. This is going to be your biggest challenge yet. Are you sure you're ready?" she asked as I stood over the museum. "Maybe not, but right now all I care for is being put on the line. I promised I would protect my family, and that is what I will do." I said as I leapt atop and made my way across the rooftop.